Carol Joyner Cramer has worked at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library since 1999. She is currently Head of Collection Management. Before tackling Collection Management, she worked in Reference and as an Electronic Resources Librarian. She has also taught a credit-bearing Information Literacy course to undergraduates. She has a BA in Comparative Area Studies from Duke University and an MSLS from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
- Cramer, Carol. (2016). Alternatives to Demand-Driven Acquisition: An Exploration of Opportunity Costs. Against the Grain, 28(2), 20-23. #
- Cramer, Carol. (2013). All About Demand-Driven Acquisition. The Serials Librarian, 65(1), 87-97. #
- Cramer, Carol. (2016, May). If DDA is Dead, then Long Live...What?: An Exploration of DDA Alternatives. NCICU Purchasing Committee Annual Meeting, Salem College, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Cramer, Carol, Sandler, Mark, Metz-Wiseman, Monica, Paulson, Kari, Lugg, Rick, & Jarvis, Alan. (2015, November). The Changing Academic Book Market Landscape: What's Next?. Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
- Collins, Dave, Barbosa-Jerez, Mary, & Cramer, Carol. (2015, July). Weed it and Reap: Successful Strategies for Re-shaping Collections. ACRL Webcast, Webinar.
- Collins, Dave, Barbosa-Jerez, Mary, & Cramer, Carol. (2015, March). Weed it and Reap: Successful Strategies for Re-shaping Collections. ACRL 2015, Portland, OR. #
- Cramer, Carol, & Daugman, Ellen. (2014, March). Facing Faculty Fears about Embracing the E-Book: Communication Strategies for Liaison Librarians. 23rd Annual North Carolina Serials Conference, Chapel Hill, NC. #
Committees & Offices Held
- NC LIVE, Member, Resource Advisory Committee. (June 2013 - June 2019).
- North Carolina Library Association, Member, Planning Committee for 2013 Conference. (October 2012 - October 2013).
- North Carolina Library Association, Member, Planning Committee for 2011 Conference. (October 2010 - October 2011).
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries, Member, Collaborative Journal Retention Program Steering Committee. (July 2010 - December 2015).
- North Carolina Library Association, Chair, Finance Committee. (January 2010 - December 2013).
Note: Above is a selection of Carol’s professional activity.
- Charleston Conference 2015 (Carol), November 2015
- Carol at the Carolina Consortium Meeting, May 2015
- Carol’s View of ACRL, April 2015
- Carol Watches the Electronic Resources & Libraries Online Conference, March 2015
- Charleston 2014 According to Carol: Kanopy and E-Books, November 2014
Here @ ZSR
- Database News, January 2016
- Database News, August 2015
- Why So Many E-books?, May 2015
- Books for Young Readers: The Joseph O. Milner Collection of Children’s Literature, May 2015
- Database News, May 2015, May 2015