Digital Initiatives Librarian
Chelcie Juliet Rowell serves as Digital Initiatives Librarian at Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. A member of the library's Digital Scholarship Unit, Chelcie oversees digitization of special collections and liaises with humanities faculty pursuing digital humanities research and pedagogy. Chelcie earned a B.A. in English from Oglethorpe University and an M.S. in Information Science from the School of Information & Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Potvin, Sarah, & Rowell, Chelcie. (2014). Technical Services Report: Involving Users in Preservation Metadata. A Report of the ALCTS PARS Intellectual Access to Preservation Metadata Interest Group Meeting. American Library Association Midwinter Meeting, Philadelphia, January 2014. Technical Services Quarterly, 31(3). #
- Rowell, Chelcie. (2014, April). DSpace for Digital Special Collections: The Wake Forest Experience. Society of North Carolina Archivists Annual Conference, Raleigh, NC.
- Rowell, Chelcie. (2014, April). A Pond Feeding a Lake Feeding an Ocean: Wake Forest University as a Contributing Institution to the Digital Public Library of America. Coalition for Networked Information Spring 2014 Membership Meeting, St. Louis, MO.
- Rowell, Chelcie. (2014, April). A Pond Feeding a Lake Feeding an Ocean: A DPLA Contributing Institution's Perspective. Society of North Carolina Archivists Annual Conference, Raleigh, NC.
- Rowell, Chelcie, & Greenberg, Jane. (2013, July). Advancing Interoperability of NSF DataNet Partners Through Controlled Vocabularies. DataONE Users Group Meeting, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Rowell, Chelcie. (2013, June). Controlled Vocabulary Status and Potential in Data Repositories. Meeting of the Authority Control Interest Group at the American Library Association Annual Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Reynolds, Emily, & Rowell, Chelcie. (2012, July). Digital Preservation Policy Development at the Library of Congress. Digital Preservation 2012, a partners' meeting of the National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program (NDIIPP) and the National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA), Washington, DC.
- Dolan, Lindsay, & Rowell, Chelcie. (2010, November). Closing the Content-Rhetoric Gap: Working with Advanced Students on Underdeveloped Writing Skills. National Conference on Peer Tutoring of Writing, Baltimore, MD.
- ALCTS Edward Swanson Memorial Best of LRTS Award Jury, Member. (July 2014 - June 2015).
- National Digital Stewardship Alliance Innovation Awards Panel, Member. (August 2013 - July 2014).
- ALCTS PARS Preservation Metadata Interest Group, Co-Chair. (July 2013 - June 2015).
Special Collections & Archives Blog
- Save the date! Piedmont Triad Home Movie Day, October 2014
- 30 Years of Performing Arts: The Secrest Artists Series at Wake Forest University, 1983–2013, September 2014
- Beneath the binding of an astronomical treatise, scraps of a Wake Forest campus publication revealed, June 2014
- Alexander’s feast; or, The power of musick (1750), March 2014
- The Old Gold and Black Now Keyword Searchable, February 2014
Evolutions in Scholarship
- FYS: Nature, Environments, and Place in American Thought, April 2014
- Humanities for the Environment, April 2014
Professional Development Blog
- Chelcie at ALA Annual 2014, July 2014
- Chelcie at the Institute for Research Design in Librarianship, July 2014
- Chelcie at CNI Spring 2014 Membership Meeting, April 2014
- Chelcie at ALA Midwinter 2014, January 2014
- Facility tour of George Blood Audio and Video, January 2014
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory