Chelcie Juliet Rowell serves as Digital Initiatives Librarian at Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. A member of the library's Digital Scholarship Unit, Chelcie oversees digitization of special collections and liaises with humanities faculty pursuing digital humanities research and pedagogy. Chelcie earned a B.A. in English from Oglethorpe University and an M.S. in Information Science from the School of Information & Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Rowell, Chelcie, & Potvin, Sarah. (2015). Preservation Metadata for Digital Forensics. A Report of the ALCTS PARS Preservation Metadata Interest Group Meeting. American Library Association Annual Conference, Las Vegas, June 2014. Technical Services Quarterly, 32(3). #
- Potvin, Sarah, & Rowell, Chelcie. (2014). Involving Users in Preservation Metadata. A Report of the ALCTS PARS Intellectual Access to Preservation Metadata Interest Group Meeting. American Library Association Midwinter Meeting, Philadelphia, January 2014. Technical Services Quarterly, 31(3). #
- Rowell, Chelcie. (2015, June). Building Library Exhibits with BiblioBoard Creator. Meeting of the ACRL Digital Curation Interest Group at the American Library Association Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA. #
- Christian-Lamb, Caitlin, Ciesielski, Amy, Rowell, Chelcie, & Villereal, Steven. (2015, March). Reel History: Home Movie Days Hosted by Cultural Heritage Institutions. Society of North Carolina Archivists Annual Conference, Greenville, NC. #
- Rowell, Chelcie, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2015, February). Build.ZSR: Doing DH by facilitating DH. The Collective, Knoxville, TN. #
- Rowell, Chelcie, & Gilbertson, Kevin. (2015, February). Build.ZSR: Fostering & Sustaining Scholarly Digital Projects at Wake Forest. Electronic Resources & Libraries, Austin, TX. #
- Eaker, Chris, & Rowell, Chelcie. (2015, February). A Research-Driven Approach to Providing Research Data Curation Services. Empirical Librarians Conference, Greensboro, NC. #
- Library Resources & Technical Services Editorial Board, Member. (July 2015 - June 2016).
- ALCTS President's Program Committee, Member. (July 2015 - June 2016).
- ALCTS Edward Swanson Memorial Best of LRTS Award Jury, Member. (July 2014 - June 2015).
- National Digital Stewardship Alliance Innovation Awards Panel, Member. (August 2013 - July 2014).
- ALCTS PARS Preservation Metadata Interest Group, Co-Chair. (July 2013 - June 2015).
Note: Above is a selection of Chelcie’s professional activity.
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory