Digital Initiatives Librarian
Chelcie Juliet Rowell serves as Digital Initiatives Librarian at Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. A member of the library's Digital Scholarship Unit, Chelcie oversees digitization of special collections and liaises with humanities faculty pursuing digital humanities research and pedagogy. Chelcie earned a B.A. in English from Oglethorpe University and an M.S. in Information Science from the School of Information & Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Potvin, Sarah, & Rowell, Chelcie. (2014). Technical Services Report: Involving Users in Preservation Metadata. A Report of the ALCTS PARS Intellectual Access to Preservation Metadata Interest Group Meeting. American Library Association Midwinter Meeting, Philadelphia, January 2014. Technical Services Quarterly, 31(3). #
- Rowell, Chelcie. (2014, April). DSpace for Digital Special Collections: The Wake Forest Experience. Society of North Carolina Archivists Annual Conference, Raleigh, NC.
- Rowell, Chelcie. (2014, April). A Pond Feeding a Lake Feeding an Ocean: Wake Forest University as a Contributing Institution to the Digital Public Library of America. Coalition for Networked Information Spring 2014 Membership Meeting, St. Louis, MO.
- Rowell, Chelcie. (2014, April). A Pond Feeding a Lake Feeding an Ocean: A DPLA Contributing Institution's Perspective. Society of North Carolina Archivists Annual Conference, Raleigh, NC.
- Rowell, Chelcie, & Greenberg, Jane. (2013, July). Advancing Interoperability of NSF DataNet Partners Through Controlled Vocabularies. DataONE Users Group Meeting, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Rowell, Chelcie. (2013, June). Controlled Vocabulary Status and Potential in Data Repositories. Meeting of the Authority Control Interest Group at the American Library Association Annual Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Reynolds, Emily, & Rowell, Chelcie. (2012, July). Digital Preservation Policy Development at the Library of Congress. Digital Preservation 2012, a partners' meeting of the National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program (NDIIPP) and the National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA), Washington, DC.
- Dolan, Lindsay, & Rowell, Chelcie. (2010, November). Closing the Content-Rhetoric Gap: Working with Advanced Students on Underdeveloped Writing Skills. National Conference on Peer Tutoring of Writing, Baltimore, MD.
- National Digital Stewardship Alliance Innovation Awards Panel, Member. (August 2013 - July 2014).
- ALCTS PARS Preservation Metadata Interest Group, Co-Chair. (July 2013 - June 2015).
Below are a few posts by Chelcie from the ZSR Professional Development blog.
- Chelcie at ALA Annual 2014 (July 2014)
- Chelcie at the Institute for Research Design in Librarianship (July 2014)
- Chelcie at CNI Spring 2014 Membership Meeting (April 2014)
- Chelcie at ALA Midwinter 2014 (January 2014)
- Facility tour of George Blood Audio and Video (January 2014)
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory