Craig Fansler is Preservation Librarian at ZSR Library of Wake Forest University. He holds an MLIS from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, a Master of Science in Management from Troy University and a Bachelor of Arts in Art History from East Carolina University. Craig has restored books and built protective enclosures for archival materials for 17 years. He is currently involved professionally with the Society of American Archivists and the North Carolina Preservation Consortium. Craig frequently teaches book repair workshops across North Carolina.
- Lock, Mary Beth, Fansler, Craig, & Webb, Meghan. (2016). (R)Evolutionary Emergency Planning: Adding Resilience through Continuous Review. International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management, 5(2). #
- Fansler, Craig. (2015). Director's Cut: Italian Neorealism Film and the Giuseppe De Santis Papers. Archival Outlook, (November/December 2015), 4-5, 23. #
- Lock, Mary, & Fansler, Craig. (2015). Emergency Planning (R)Evolution: Making a Comprehensive Emergency Plan for the Present and the Future. Disaster Management and Contingency Planning in Modern Libraries. IGI-Global: Hershey, PA.
- Fansler, Craig. (2014). The Dolmen Press Collection: One Collection, Many Uses. Archival Outlook, (Nov./Dec. 2014), 10 and 26. #
- Petersen, Rebecca, Gilbertson, Kevin, & Fansler, Craig. (2014). The Missing Link: Observations on the Evolution of a Web Archive. Journal of the Society of North Carolina Archivists, 11(1).
- Fansler, Craig. (2016). Review of In-House Bookbinding and Repair. Technical Services Quarterly, 33(3).
- Fansler, Craig. (2015, March). Preserving Forsyth's Past. "Removing Barriers: Outreach & Diversity in Action", Greenville, NC. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2014, April). The Dolmen Press: One Collection, Many Uses. Connect, Create, and Celebrate: Archives in the 21st Century., Raleigh, NC.
- Fansler, Craig, & Petersen, Rebecca. (2013, October). Clarence Herbert New: A Man of Extremes. Prepared in Mind and Resources: Collaboration, Relevance, and the Re-Imagined Archives, Furman University, Greenville, SC.
- Fansler, Craig, & Petersen, Rebecca. (2013, August). Clarence Herbert New: A Man of Extremes. Archives 2013, New Orleans, LA.
- Fansler, Craig, & Yun, Audra. (2011, May). Inside the Box: Incorporating Archival Material into Undergraduate Information Literacy Instruction. University of North Carolina Library Asociation (LAUNCH) Research Forum, Chapel Hill, NC.
Committees & Offices Held
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Board, Member at Large. (March 21, 2012 - March 2013).
- Society of American Archivists Preservation Section Steering Committee, Member. (February 2011 - Present).
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Archives Week Committee, Member. (January 1, 2011 - Present).
Note: Above is a selection of Craig’s professional activity.
- Three Workshops in Three Days, May 2017
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Conference- Asheville, March 2017
- Preservation Enclosures Workshop, December 2016
- Caring for Rare Books, December 2015
- Clamshell Box-making Workshop, October 2015
Here @ ZSR
- Caring For Our Collections: A Day in the Life of a Preservation Librarian, April 2017
- Perfect Binding?, April 2017
- Pauline Bewick, Irish Art Treasure, March 2017
- Leslie MacWeeney – Community Art Organizer, December 2016
- Preserving SC&A Panoramic Photos, November 2016