Hu Womack is an Outreach and Instruction Librarian in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. He graduated from Wake Forest University in 1990 with a BA in English and Studio Art. Hu received his MBA from the Babcock School at Wake Forest in 2000 and completed his LIS degree from UNC-Greensboro in 2008. He currently serves as a member of Research, Instruction and Technology Services team, offering both research instruction and technology workshops to faculty and students. He is also the liaison for both Sociology and Communication and serves on the Freshman Orientation and Advising Committee. Additionally, Hu is one of eighteen faculty fellows assigned to the first-year residence halls.
- Womack, Hubert, Smith, Susan, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2015). Large-Scale, Live-Action Gaming Events in Academic Libraries: How and Why. C&RL News, 76(4), 210-214. #
- Johnston, Lucas, Collins, Bobbie, Boyle, Anne, & Womack, Hubert. (2012). Looking at Sustainability Through a Different LENS. Sustainability: The Journal of Record, 5(4), 244-247.
- Womack, Hubert. (2011). "Game 43: The Bibliography Tournament.". Let the games beginâ€¯: engaging students with field-tested interactive information literacy instruction. Neal-Schuman Publishers: New York.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Womack, Hubert. (2015, October). Flipping LIB210: The Flipped Classroom Model in Action. NCLA 61st Biennial Conference, Greensboro, NC.
- Smith, Susan, Lock, Mary Beth, Webb, Meghan, & Womack, Hubert. (2015, October). A Library for the Whole Student: Creating a Multi-dimensional Culture of Health and Wellness at your Library. NCLA 61st Biennial Conference, Greensboro, NC.
- Womack, Hubert. (2013, December). Lightning Talk: Incorporating Kindles into a Class for Social Science Majors. NC-LITe (Library Instruction and Instructional Technology) Winter Meeting, Wake Forest University.
- Womack, Hubert, Smith, Susan, Consiglio, David, Vine, Scott, & Petruzzelli, Barbara. (2012, June). Reference Resurrected: Models for the 21st-Century College Library. American Library Association Annual Conference and Exhibition, Anaheim, CA.
- Smith, Susan, & Womack, Hubert. (2010, May). Preserving a County's Past: Cross-Institutional Collaboration to Archive a Community's History. LAUNC-CH Research Forum, Sonja Haynes Stone Center, UNC Chapel Hill.
Committees & Offices Held
- American Library Assocition Library Information Technology Association Top Tech Trends Committee, Member. (October 1, 2012 - July 2014).
- American Library Assocition Library Information Technology Association Planning Committee, Member. (July 1, 2010 - July 2012).
- NC-LITe Fall 2016, January 2017
- The National Diversity in Libraries Conference 2016, September 2016
- The First-Year Experience Conference 2016, March 2016
- Hu at NCLA: â€śA Librarian, an Archivist, and a Professor walk intoâ€¦Collaboration that Mattersâ€ť, November 2015
- Hu and the First-Year Experience Conference 2015 in Dallas, February 2015
Here @ ZSR
- Thanksgiving Weekend Lunch at ZSR!, November 2016
- ZSR en la Noche, October 2016
- A Summer of Zombies at ZSR!, September 2016
- Fall Workshops for Faculty and Students, August 2016
- Using HeritageQuest Online for Genealogy Information, May 2016