Director of Resource Services
Lauren Corbett (M.L.I.S., University of North Carolina at Greensboro; B.A., French, Davidson College) is the Director of Resource Services, reporting to the Dean of the Z. Smith Reynolds Library. Lauren has administrative responsibility for selection, acquisition, and description of the library’s collection. She administers the budget for the collection and leads a team of approximately 15 employees. She has participated in the Wake Forest University Leadership Development Program (The Hayes Group International, Inc.) and the Harvard Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians. Her professional achievements include election to Chair of the Acquisitions Section of the Association of Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS), appointment as the inaugural Chair for the ALCTS Collaboration Citation jury, and winning the First Step Award.
- Tedford, Rosalind, Corbett, Lauren, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2013). "How Transformational Leadership Translates into Recognized Excellence in Academic Libraries". Workplace Culture in Academic Libraries. Chandos Publishing, an imprint of Woodhead Publishing: Cambridge. #
- Corbett, Lauren. (2013, April). Library Technical Services -- Your Career?. Seminar on Technical Services, via WebEx from WFU to College of Information Studies, University of Maryland.
- Corbett, Lauren. (2012, April). Library Technical Services -- Your Career?. Seminar on Technical Services, via WebEx from WFU to College of Information Studies, University of Maryland.
- Corbett, Lauren. (2011, June). A Closer Look at Print on Demand and How It Can Shape Library Acquisitions. American Library Association Annual, New Orleans, LA.
- ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee, Member. (July 1, 2014 - June 2015).
- ALCTS Advocacy and Policy Committee, Member. (July 1, 2014 - June 2016).
- NASIG Vision & Mission Task Force, Member. (March 27, 2014 - October 2014).
- NCICU Library Purchasing Committee, Executive Committee, Vice-Chair/ Chair / Past-Chair. (May 2012 - May 2014).
- Controlled LOCKSS Board of Advisors, Member. (February 2010 - Present).
- ALCTS Acquisitions Section, Executive Committee, Chair-Elect/Chair/Past-Chair. (July 1, 2009 - June 2012).
Below are a few posts by Lauren from the ZSR Professional Development blog.
- ALA Annual 2014 Las Vegas – Lauren (July 2014)
- ASERL Summertime Summit 2013: “Liaison Roles in Open Access & Data Management: Equal Parts Inspiration & Perspiration” (August 2013)
- Lauren C. at ALA Annual 2013, Chicago (July 2013)
- Charleston Conference 2012 (November 2012)
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory