Lynn Sutton, Ph.D. is Dean of the Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC. Under her leadership, the ZSR Library has focused on outreach to students and faculty and has become the unquestioned intellectual center of campus. Known for its innovative and creative approach, ZSR was the winner of the 2011 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award.
Previously, Lynn served as Associate Dean at Wayne State University Libraries in Detroit, MI. She holds the AB and AMLS degrees from the University of Michigan and a Ph.D. in Education from Wayne State University.
Lynn has a wide variety of scholarly interests, speaking and publishing on such topics as the future of libraries, intellectual freedom, library collaboration, collection development, and leadership theory. She is the recipient of the 2009 American Library Association-Allied Professional Association Sirsi-Dynix Award for Outstanding Achievement in Promoting Salaries and Status for Library Workers. Active in numerous leadership positions throughout her career, Lynn currently serves as President of the Association of Southeastern Research Libraries.
- Sutton, Lynn. (2012). Like a Snowball Gathering Speed: Development of ASERL's Print Journal Retention Program. Collection Management, 37(3-4), 223-236. #
- Smith, Susan, & Sutton, Lynn. (2010). The Embedded Academic Librarian. Reference Reborn: Breathing new Life into Public Services. Libraries Unlimited: Santa Barbara, CA.
- Sutton, Lynn. (2009). Library Service Perceptions: A Study of Two Universities. College and Research Libraries, 70(5), 474-495. #
- Sutton, Lynn. (2013, May). Community Building in Libraries: Success for Every User. ACRL/NEC. Communities in the Cloud, the Commons and the College, Worcester, MA.
- Sutton, Lynn. (2013, April). ZSRx: The Back Story. ASERL Spring Membership Meeting, Memphis, TN.
- Sutton, Lynn. (2012, January). A Look into the Future. GISL Winter Meeting, Atlanta, GA.
- Sutton, Lynn. (2011, July). As Libraries Change, Keep Your Eye on the Reader. Future of the Book, Tallahassee, FL.
Below are a few recent posts by Lynn from the ZSR Professional Development blog.
- ASERL Fall Meeting, Charlotte NC (November 2013)
- Charleston Conference with Lynn (November 2013)
- ZSR at NCLA (October 2013)
- Designing Libraries: Technology Preconference (October 2013)
- Lynn at ASERL Spring 2013 (May 2013)
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory