Mary Beth Lock
Mary Beth Lock is the Director of Access Services at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library, Wake Forest University. Her responsibilities include overseeing all Access Services operations including Circulation, Reserves, Electronic Reserves, Interlibrary Loan, Stacks Maintenance, Offsite Storage, and manages the use of the library's physical facilities. She earned her master's degree in Library Science from North Carolina Central University and her Bachelor of Science in Environmental Biology at Wayne State University. She is the liaison for Environmental Studies. She has participated in the planning for the Conference for Entrepreneurial Librarians since it's inception in 2009,serving as co-chair for the 2013 conference. Resulting from her participation in the conference, she was also co-editor for the book "The Entrepreneurial Librarian: Essays on the Infusion of Private-Business Dynamism into Professional Service" published in 2011.
- Lock, Mary, & Fansler, Craig. (2015). Emergency Planning (R)Evolution: Making a Comprehensive Emergency Plan for the Present and the Future. Disaster Management and Contingency Planning in Modern Libraries. IGI-Global: Hershey, PA.
- Womack, Hubert, Smith, Susan, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2015). Large-Scale, Live-Action Gaming Events in Academic Libraries: How and Why. C&RL News, 76(4), 210-214. #
- Scanlon, Mary, Lock, Mary Beth, & Romanov, Peter. (2014). Teaching by Doing; Sustainability Education and Practice in a Student-Services Program. Focus on Educating for Sustainability: Toolkit for Academic Libraries. Library Juice Press: Sacramento, CA.
- Keener, Molly, Lock, Mary Beth, & Makaravage, Ellen. (2013). Ethical Uses of Information: The Good, the Bad, the Confusing. Research Like a Librarian: Accessing Information in the 21st Century. wakExpress: Winston-Salem, NC.
- Tedford, Rosalind, Corbett, Lauren, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2013). "How Transformational Leadership Translates into Recognized Excellence in Academic Libraries". Workplace Culture in Academic Libraries. Chandos Publishing, an imprint of Woodhead Publishing: Cambridge. #
- Smith, Susan, Lock, Mary Beth, Webb, Meghan, & Womack, Hubert. (2015, October). A Library for the Whole Student: Creating a Multi-dimensional Culture of Health and Wellness at your Library. NCLA 61st Biennial Conference, Greensboro, NC.
- Scanlon, Mary, Lock, Mary, & Krautter, Mary. (2015, October). Developing an Entrepreneurial Library Culture. North Carolina Library Association's 61st Biennial Conference, Greensboro, NC.
- Scanlon, Mary, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2015, March). Entrepreneurship in Libraries: Transforming Library Services. 21st Annual Conference, Arabian Gulf Chapter, Special Libraries Assoc., Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Scanlon, Mary, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2015, March). Creating a Culture of Entrepreneurship in Your Library. 21st Annual Conference, Arabian Gulf Chapter, Special Libraries Assoc., Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2014, May). Disaster Preparedness. TALA Paraprofessional Conference, Greensboro, NC.
- Entrepreneurail Librarian Conference Steering Committee, Chair. (February 2012 - May 2013).
Note: Above is a selection of Mary Beth’s professional activity.
Professional Development Blog
- MBL’s ALA MW 16 in Boston, January 2016
- Three Conferences = Busy Autumn, November 2015
- MBL at ALA15 in SF, July 2015
- MB’s March Conference travels (or From Abu Dhabi to Portland in 78 hours) in pictures and words, April 2015
- MBL at ALA-MW, February 2015
Here @ ZSR
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory