Mary Beth Lock
Director of Access Services
Mary Beth Lock is the Director of Access Services at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library, Wake Forest University. Her responsibilities include overseeing all Access Services operations including Circulation, Reserves, Electronic Reserves, Interlibrary Loan, Stacks Maintenance, Offsite Storage, and manages the use of the library's physical facilities. She earned her master's degree in Library Science from North Carolina Central University and her Bachelor of Science in Environmental Biology at Wayne State University. She is the liaison for Environmental Studies. She has participated in the planning for the Conference for Entrepreneurial Librarians since it's inception in 2009,serving as co-chair for the 2013 conference. Resulting from her participation in the conference, she was also co-editor for the book "The Entrepreneurial Librarian: Essays on the Infusion of Private-Business Dynamism into Professional Service" published in 2011.
- Keener, Molly, Lock, Mary Beth, & Makaravage, Ellen. (2013). Ethical Uses of Information: The Good, the Bad, the Confusing. Research Like a Librarian: Accessing Information in the 21st Century. wakExpress: Winston-Salem, NC.
- Tedford, Rosalind, Corbett, Lauren, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2013). "How Transformational Leadership Translates into Recognized Excellence in Academic Libraries". Workplace Culture in Academic Libraries. Chandos Publishing, an imprint of Woodhead Publishing: Cambridge. #
- Kelley, Steve, McCallum, Carolyn, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2012). The Cataloging of E-Book Readers: A Service Model-Oriented Approach. Serials Review, 38(3), 178-182. #
- Scanlon, Mary, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2012). The Entrepreneurial Librarian: Essays on the Infusion of Private-business Dynamism into Professional Service. McFarland: Jefferson, NC. #
- Lock, Mary Beth, & Scanlon, Mary. (2012). The Entrepreneurial Librarian: Essays on the Infusion of Private-Business Dynamism into Professional Service. McFarland: Jefferson, North Carolina. #
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2014, May). Disaster Preparedness. TALA Paraprofessional Conference, Greensboro, NC.
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2013, October). Offsite Solutions at Duke and Wake Forest. NCLA Bi-ennial Meeting, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2012, September). Repurposing the Library: one Library's experience. Patterson Pope - The Repurposing of the Library, Webinar.
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2012, September). Introductions of panelists and LLAMA. Social Entrepreneurship in Action: Digitizing Our Cultural History, Webinar.
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2012, June). Video in the Classroom-Panel Discussion. ALA Annual, Anahiem, CA.
- Entrepreneurail Librarian Conference Steering Committee, Chair. (February 2012 - May 2013).
Note: Above is a selection of Mary Beth’s professional activity.
Below are a few posts by Mary Beth from the ZSR Professional Development blog.
- “Jumpstart Your Preparedness” workshop (January 2015)
- MB’s ALA in LV (July 2014)
- TALA Paraprofessional Conference (May 2014)
- Mary Beth at ALAMW in Philadelphia (February 2014)
- MBL @ NCLA (October 2013)
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory