Research & Instruction Librarian - Business & Economics
After a 20-year career in business, I returned to university, earned my MLIS and became a librarian. I've served as the business and economics librarian at ZSR for 9 years.
- Daugman, Ellen, & Scanlon, Mary. (2013). Primary Sources. Research Like a Librarian: Accessing Information in the 21st Century. wakExpress: Winston-Salem, NC. #
- Scanlon, Mary, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2012). The Entrepreneurial Librarian: Essays on the Infusion of Private-business Dynamism into Professional Service. McFarland: Jefferson, NC. #
- Lock, Mary Beth, & Scanlon, Mary. (2012). The Entrepreneurial Librarian: Essays on the Infusion of Private-Business Dynamism into Professional Service. McFarland: Jefferson, North Carolina. #
- Scanlon, Mary, & Crumpton, Michael. (2011). Collaborating to Support Entrepreneurism. Collaborative Librarianship, 3(1), 16 - 27. #
- Scanlon, Mary, & Crumpton, Michael. (2013, October). Trends in Academic Libraries: Community Engagement and Service Learning. NCLA's 60th Biennial Conference, Winston Salem.
- Scanlon, Mary, Farison, Leslie, & Debbie, Haggett. (2013, October). Economic Development in Your Community: Become Mission Critical. NCLA's 60th Biennial Conference, Winston Salem.
- Scanlon, Mary, & Crumpton, Michael. (2013, May). The Role of the Librarian in Teaching Social Entrepreneurship. Social Entrepreneurship in Action, UNC-Greensboro.
- Scanlon, Mary. (2013, March). Economic Indicators. HELP! I'm an Accidental Government Information Librarian, webinar.
- Scanlon, Mary. (2012, November). Assessing Sustainable Practices in an Academic Library: Participating in the STARS Program. Assessment Beyond Statistics, Davidson County Community College, Thomasville, NC.
- Business Librarianship in North Carolina, Chair. (November 2013 - October 2015).
- Business Librarianship in North Carolina, Chair. (November 2011 - October 2013).
- Business Librarianship in North Carolina, Vice Chair. (November 2009 - October 2011).
Note: Above is a selection of Mary’s professional activity.
Below are a few posts by Mary from the ZSR Professional Development blog.
- The Multi-Cultural Classroom (January 2015)
- Metrolina Library Association’s 9th Annual Conference (June 2014)
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory