Sarah Jeong is the Research & Instruction Librarian for Science at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library and has worked at Wake Forest University since 2003. In addition to developing and teaching LIB 220 Science Research Sources and Strategies, she is the library liaison for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Bioethics, and Neuroscience. She earned her BS in Biology from Duke University, and her MLIS from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- Qin, Na, & Jeong, Sarah. (2014). Selected Internet Resources on Chemistry Education. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, (78). #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Reviews of Science for Science Librarians: Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS). Science & Technology Libraries, 30(3), 229-243.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Core Resources on Time Series Analysis for Academic Libraries: A Selected, Annotated Bibliography. Charleston Conference Proceedings 2010, 200-209.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Jeong, Sarah. (2015). Postgenomics: Perspectives on Biology after the Genome [Book review]. CHOICE: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 53(3), 1270.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2014). Gale Encyclopedia of Surgery and Medical Tests [Book review]. CHOICE: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 52(3), 1175.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, May). Flipping a Science Literacy Course with VoiceThread and Audacity (poster presentation). Science, Technology & Engineering Library Leaders in Action (STELLA) Unconference, UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Jeong, Sarah, Seagraves, Jennifer, & Knight, Erin. (2016, April). Outreach and Relationship-Building with STEM. NCLA STEM-LINC (STEM Librarianship in North Carolina) Meeting, UNC-Greensboro.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, February). Flipping a Science Information Literacy Course. American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Annual Meeting, Washington, DC.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2015, December). Incorporating Reflective Learning to Enhance Metacognition in a Science Information Literacy Course. NC Library Instructional Technology (LITe) Winter Meeting, UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2015, July). Integrating NCBI Tools into Course Redesign. A Librarian's Guide to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) Graduate Forum, Online.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries Science & Technology Section Science Resources: Discovery & Access Committee, Committee Member. (July 1, 2016 - June 2018).
- Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association, Secretary. (July 2, 2014 - June 2015).
- Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association Archives & Handbook Task Force, Co-Chair. (July 2014 - June 2015).
- Science Boot Camp Southeast Planning Committee, Conference Organizer. (January 2014 - July 2014).
- Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association, Board Member-at-Large. (July 3, 2013 - July 2014).
Note: Above is a selection of Sarah’s professional activity.
Professional Development Blog
- Sarah at STELLA Unconference, May 2016
- Sarah @ NCLA-STEM Meeting, May 2016
- Sarah at the Empirical Librarians Conference, April 2016
- Sarah presents at AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science) Annual Meeting, February 2016
- Sarah at the APALA 35th Anniversary Symposium & ALA Annual, July 2015