Sarah Jeong is the Research & Instruction Librarian for Science at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library and has worked at Wake Forest University since 2003. In addition to developing and teaching LIB 220 Science Research Sources and Strategies, she is the library liaison for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Neuroscience. She received her BS in Biology from Duke University, and her MLIS from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- Qin, Na, & Jeong, Sarah. (2014). Selected Internet Resources on Chemistry Education. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, (78). #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Reviews of Science for Science Librarians: Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS). Science & Technology Libraries, 30(3), 229-243.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Core Resources on Time Series Analysis for Academic Libraries: A Selected, Annotated Bibliography. Charleston Conference Proceedings 2010, 200-209.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016). SAGE Encyclopedia of Cancer & Society, 2nd ed. [Book review]. CHOICE: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 54(1), 0015.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2015). Postgenomics: Perspectives on Biology after the Genome [Book review]. CHOICE: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 53(3), 1270.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, July). Lightning Talk: Flipping a Science Literacy Course with VoiceThread and Audacity. Science Boot Camp for Librarians Southeast, Athens, GA.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, June). Lessons Learned from Flipping a Science Information Literacy Course. Lilly International Conference on Evidence-Based Teaching & Learning, Bethesda, MD.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, May). Flipping a Science Literacy Course with VoiceThread and Audacity (poster presentation). Science, Technology & Engineering Library Leaders in Action (STELLA) Unconference, UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Jeong, Sarah, Seagraves, Jennifer, & Knight, Erin. (2016, April). Outreach and Relationship-Building with STEM. NCLA STEM-LINC (STEM Librarianship in North Carolina) Meeting, UNC-Greensboro.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, February). Flipping a Science Information Literacy Course. American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Annual Meeting, Washington, DC.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries Science & Technology Section Science Resources: Discovery & Access Committee, Committee Member. (July 1, 2016 - June 2018).
- Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association, Secretary. (July 2, 2014 - June 2015).
- Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association Archives & Handbook Task Force, Co-Chair. (July 2014 - June 2015).
- Science Boot Camp Southeast Planning Committee, Conference Organizer. (January 2014 - July 2014).
- Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association, Board Member-at-Large. (July 3, 2013 - July 2014).
Note: Above is a selection of Sarah’s professional activity.
Professional Development Blog
- Sarah at the 2nd Science Boot Camp for Librarians Southeast, July 2016
- Sarah at the Lilly International Conference on Evidence-Based Teaching & Learning, June 2016
- Sarah at STELLA Unconference, May 2016
- Sarah @ NCLA-STEM Meeting, May 2016
- Sarah at the Empirical Librarians Conference, April 2016