Prior to being appointed Dean, Tim was the Dorothy Foehr Huck Chair and Head of the Eberly Family Special Collections Library at Penn State. Tim was University Archivist (2002-2011), associate director of special collections (2006-2010), and coordinator of institutional repository services (2010-2011) at Duke University. He also has served as Director of the Southern Historical Collection and Curator of Manuscripts at UNC-CH. Tim taught archival administration at the UNC School of Information and Library Science from 1998 to 2007. From 2013-2015, Tim was a Leadership Fellow for the Association of Research Libraries and is also a Fellow of the Society of American Archivists for outstanding contributions to the field.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2015). The Harding Affair Letters: How One Archivist Took Every Possible Measure To Ensure Their Preservation. Case Studies in Archival Ethics. Society of American Archivists. #
- Pyatt, Timothy, & Goldman, Ben. (2014). Security Without Obscurity: Managing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in Born-Digital Archives. Library & Archival Secuirty, 26(1-2), pp.37-55. #
- Pyatt, Timothy, Esposito, Jacqueline, Belden, Michelle, & Goldman, Ben. (2012). SPEC Kit 329: Managing Born-Digital Special Collections and Archival Materials. Association of Research Libraries, 202.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2011). Duke Illustrated: A Timeline of Duke University History, 1838-2011. Duke University Libraries: Durham, NC.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2011). Facebook Me, Then Follow Me on Twitter. Archival Outlook, (Nov/Dec 2011), 2. #
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2013, June). Five Steps Towards a Successful Gifts-in-Kind Development Program. Past Forward! Meeting Stakeholder Needs in 21st Century Special Collections, New Haven, CT.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2012, October). Security through Obscurity no Longer: Protecting your Donor and your Institution While still Providing Access to Potentially Sensitive E-Records. Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference fall meeting, Richmond, VA.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2012, August). Aligning Archives with the Institutional Mission. Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2012, June). Managing Electronic Records. Managing Electronic Records in Archives and Special Collections, University Park, PA.
- Pyatt, Timothy. (2012, June). Aligning Special Collections with the Institutional Mission. Libraries Rebound: Embracing Mission, Maximizing Impact, Philadelphia, PA.
Note: Above is a selection of Tim’s professional activity.