ZSR Library staff members are active professionally and contribute to librarianship by attending conferences, seminars, and by sharing their knowledge and expertise. Below is a list of our publications and presentations.
Books, Chapters, or Journal Articles
- Imre, Andrea, Hartnett, Eric, & Hiatt, Derrik. (2013). CORAL: Implementing an Open-Source ERM System. Taylor & Francis, 64(1-4), 224-234. #
- Smith, Susan. (2012). Special Issue: Data Curation. Journal of Web Librarianship, 6(4). #
- Smith, Susan. (2012). Introduction: Special Issue on Data Curation. Journal of Web Librarianship, 6(4), 225-227. #
- Mitchell, Erik, & McCallum, Carolyn. (2012). Old Data, New Scheme: An Exploration of Metadata Migration Using Expert-guided Computational Techniques. Proceedings of the 75th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 49(8th electronic ed.). #
- Kelley, Steve, McCallum, Carolyn, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2012). The Cataloging of E-Book Readers: A Service Model-Oriented Approach. Elsevier, 38(3), 178-182. #
- Mulder, Megan, & Jones, Carolyn. (2012). Putting the Material in Materiality: the Embedded Special Collections Librarian. Past or Portal?: Teaching Undergraduates Using Special Collections and Archives. Association of College and Research Libraries: Chicago, IL. #
- Johnston, Lucas, Collins, Bobbie, Boyle, Anne, & Womack, Giz. (2012). Looking at Sustainability Through a Different LENS. Sustainability: The Journal of Record, 5(4), 244-247.
- Sutton, Lynn. (2012). Like a Snowball Gathering Speed: Development of ASERL's Print Journal Retention Program. Collection Management, 37(3-4), 223-236. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2012). The Repair of Large-Scale Theater Posters. Archival Product News, 17(3), 6-8. #
- Scanlon, Mary. (2013, March). Economic Indicators. HELP! I'm an Accidental Government Information Librarian, webinar.
- Smith, Susan. (2013, March). Life Lessons Learned: Through a Librarian's Lens. UNCG LISAA Alumni Day Luncheon, Greensboro, NC.
- Mulder, Megan. (2013, March). The Religion in North Carolina Digital Collection: A Collaborative Project Providing Digital Access to Primary Materials of Religious Bodies in North Carolina. 2013 LAUNC-CH Conference - True Collaborations: Creating New Structures Services and Breakthroughs, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Smith, Susan, & Horton, Mary. (2013, March). Similarities & Differences in Financial Management Between a Small Private and A Large Public University. Conference of the Association of Library Financial Management Officers, Arcadia University, Glenside, PA.
- Leonard, Elisabeth, & Smith, Susan. (2012, November). Working Together: Evolving Value for Academic Libraries. Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
- Cramer, Carol. (2012, November). Running a Contest to Encourage Timely Monograph Ordering (Shotgun Session). 32nd Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
- Pressley, Lauren. (2012, November). Backwards Design: Creating Learning Opportunities That You Can Assess." Assessment Beyond Statistics. NCLA College and University/Community College and Junior College Libraries Section. Assessment Beyond Statistics, Thomasville, NC.
- Smith, Susan. (2012, October). Digital Forsyth. Fabulous Fridays, Forsyth County Public Library.
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2012, September). Repurposing the Library: one Library's experience. Patterson Pope - The Repurposing of the Library, Webinar.
- Lock, Mary Beth. (2012, September). Introductions of panelists and LLAMA. Social Entrepreneurship in Action: Digitizing Our Cultural History, Webinar.
- Smith, Susan. (2012, September). Digital Forsyth: Through a Social Entrepreneurial Lens. Social Entrepreneurship in Action: Digitizing Our Cultural History, Webinar.
- Cramer, Carol. (2012, August). All About Demand-Driven Acquisition. LEETS: Libraries eResource & Emerging Technologies Summit, Mississippi State, MS.
- Pressley, Lauren. (2012, August). Backwards Design: Planning, Executing, and Assessing Library Instruction...But Not Necessarily in That Order. BLINC Meeting, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2012, June). Expanding the Role of the Science Librarian to the Bioinformatics Domain [Poster presentation]. American Library Association Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA.
- Tedford, Rosalind. (2012, June). Junk Science: Encouraging Critical Thinking in a Communication Research Methods Class. American Library Association National Conference, Anaheim, CA.
- McCallum, Carolyn, & Mitchell, Erik. (2012, June). FRBRizing Mark Twain. ALA 2012 Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA.
- McCallum, Carolyn, & Mitchell, Erik. (2012, June). Current Research on and Use of FRBR in Libraries. ALA 2012 Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA.
- Macklin, Lisa, Keener, Molly, & Smith, Kevin. (2012, June). ACRL Scholarly Communications Discussion Group. American Library Association Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA.
- Womack, Giz, Smith, Susan, Consiglio, David, Vine, Scott, & Petruzzelli, Barbara. (2012, June). Reference Resurrected: Models for the 21st-Century College Library. American Library Association Annual Conference and Exhibition, Anaheim, CA.
- Imre, Andrea, Hartnett, Eric, & Hiatt, Derrik. (2012, June). CORAL: Implementing an open source ERM. NASIG 27th Annual Conference, Nashville, TN.