A set of tools for the WGS 221 course.
- Better Search Results with Boolean SearchingThis screencast will show you how to use Boolean Searching ("and," "or," and "not") to get better results from your searches in the catalog and in databases. Time: 03:12.
- Better Search Results with TruncationThis video will show you how to use truncation in order to get better results from your searches in the catalog and in databases. Time: 02:32.
- Books, Journals, and DatabasesThis mp3 points out the differences between books, journal articles, and databases to help you know where to get started for your research. Time: 01:00.
- Deciding Which Full Text Options to UseHTML, PDF, and WFU Full Text Options are available in the ZSR databases. This screencast explains how they are different and some of the pros and cons of each. Time: 04:02.
- Finding a Specific DatabaseThis screencast will show you how to find a database by title. Time: 01:59.
- Introduction to the ZSR CatalogIf you're new to college or WFU, this video show you how to use the library catalog to find books. Time: 02:16.
- Limiting Searches in the CatalogSometimes you need to find a reference book or a book published in the last year. This screencast shows how to limit searches in the catalog. Time: 02:07.
- Narrowing Searches in EBSCO DatabasesThis screencast will show you how to narrow your searches and get better results in EBSCO Databases. Time: 01:33.
- Quick Pick DatabasesThis screencast will show you how to find ZSR Library's quick pick databases and give a brief overview of the most helpful ones. Time: 01:11.
- Searching the Catalog by SubjectThis screencast will show you how to search the catalog for books on a given subject. Time: 02:15.
- Searching the Catalog by TitleThis screencast will show you how to search the catalog for books, journals, and DVDs by a given title. Time: 01:36.
- What to Do When Full Text Doesn't WorkSometimes full text doesn't work as well as we'd like it to. This screencast shows you a work around for finding full text in the library. Time: 02:36.