Last month, we reported on two technologies some publishers are rolling out to facilitate access for off-campus users. This month, we can follow up with several additional publishers moving forward with this improved access.
As a reminder, the most reliable way to get to all ZSR-provided online content is by connecting to the campus VPN or by using links in our Find a Journal and Find a Database services; for ebooks, please use the ZSR library catalog. But if you are following links from elsewhere and are not on the VPN, these options will get you to full text.
Google Scholar CASA. This requires first connecting to Google Scholar from an on-campus or VPN connection. After that, GS will remember that your browser is affiliated with WFU and will show full text links from supporting publishers. In addition to the publishers we listed last month, we have seen working links for journals from the American Physical Society, BioOne, ResearchGate, Science, and SIAM (the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics).
Login With Your WFU Account. A growing number of publishers are supporting ways for you to login with the standard Google Single Sign On. In addition to the publishers listed last month, we have now set this up with:
- Sage. On the article page, scroll down to Access Options and select “Shibboleth.” On the following page, select “U.S. – InCommon” from the list of geographical regions, and then select Wake Forest from the following list. After logging in, you will be redirected back to the article page with the PDF link enabled.
- Cambridge University Press. From the article page, select “Get Access” and then “Log in via Shibboleth or Athens.” Select Wake Forest from the list of all institutions. After logging in, you will be redirected back to the article page with the PDF link enabled.
- Optical Society of America. Click the PDF link; on the following page, select “Login to Access Subscription”, then “Institutional Login,” then start typing “Wake Forest”. Click the WFU link, and login normally from there. After you pick Wake Forest, OSA will offer it as the default on subsequent visits.
- SIAM. Click the PDF link; on the following page, select “Log In Via Your Institution (Shibboleth),” then “U.S. – InCommon,” and then Wake Forest.
- IEEE. Click the PDF link and then select Shibboleth under “Sign in using other institutional access methods.” One the following list of institutions, search “Wake” or select Wake Forest from the alphabetical lists. [Note: after logging in, IEEE currently takes you to their journals home page. You can go back several pages in your browser history to get back to the article page. From there, the PDF link will now work.]
- Taylor and Francis. On the article page, scroll down to Login Options > Shibboleth; on the following page, search for “Wake” and click the WFU link.
We continue to work with additional publishers to establish this alternative to VPN and proxy access.
As a reminder, WFU does not subscribe to every journal at every publisher site. Logging in will only provide access to content we license for use.