Due to COVID-19 precautions, the Z. Smith Reynolds Library will be closed to all visitors, including WFU students, faculty, and staff, as of 5pm, Friday, March 20.
Requests for Materials
- Requests for materials can be made through the library catalog*. DVDs can be requested through our film collection.
- Pick-up stations will be available in the 24-hour reading room across from Starbucks.
- Digital scans of portions of books can be requested through ZSR Delivers.
* To request an item in the catalog, use the dropdown menu by clicking the “Available” button. When your item is available, you’ll be sent an email that includes instructions for pick-up.
24/7 spaces—the 24/7 room and Starbucks area—remain open 24/7 with card access as usual.
Got Questions? Get Answers
Chat, email, phone, and online reference consultation service will continue during the week (hours below) and email will be supported throughout the weekends.
- Monday – Thursday
- 8am – 8pm
- 8am – 5pm
If you are doing a research paper and need help getting started, finding sources, or doing your citations, ZSR subject librarians are available to help you remotely. Find your librarian and email them (link to email is in the profile box that pops up when you click on a subject) to get the process started. Lots of help can be provided via email, but we can also chat or video conference with you if needed.
Your Library Account
ZSR Library will not be placing holds on student records or requiring payments for assessed overdue fines before the end of the spring semester. Don’t worry if you have items checked out on your account. Even if you get an automated email noting that an item is overdue, rest assured that we don’t need the item back immediately. Accrued fines will not be held against your student record. More communication will be coming later in the semester about returning items, etc.
Special Collections & Archives
Special Collections & Archives is closed to the public but still responding to requests. Please also review the Special Collections & Archives Subject Guides and our Digital Collections for primary sources.
Other Places in the Library
- The Writing Center: The WFU Writing Center will be holding remote appointments for students. Check their scheduling page for updates.
- The Bridge: Students who need computer suppport should contact the IS Help Desk remotely.
- Center for the Advancement of Teaching: For consultations and support, go to Center for the Advancement of Teaching website.