Like the rest of campus, your ZSR Library has worked hard to adapt our services to support your teaching and learning needs while keeping you safe. Please keep in mind these are our plans based on current conditions. Our operations may need to adapt and change based on campus policies and public health guidelines.
Building Access and Information
- ZSR will reopen for anyone with a Wake Forest ID card on Monday, August 17th on our intersession schedule.
- Until then if you need materials, please continue to request the materials online and wait for the notification they are available.
- Our hours beginning Monday, August 24th will be 8am – 10pm M-Th, 8am – 5pm F, noon – 5pm on Saturday, and 4pm – 10pm on Sundays. We will reassess these hours after the semester starts based on conditions and demand.
- Stacks are open so you will be able to come in to browse and check out your materials – we have a self check-out machine for contactless check-out. But we will still be pulling materials upon request for faculty, staff, and students.
- The building will be card-access at all times — be sure to bring your ID and mask.
- Library seating capacity is reduced roughly to 30% capacity (350 seats) to accommodate social distancing.
- Sanitizing wipe dispensers will be available on every floor.
- Camino Bakery is the new vendor for our coffee shop. It will be open the same hours as the library at least to start with for pre-order pickup. See the Dining Service website for details.
Book Checkout/Document Delivery/Reserves
- We will NOT be able to offer office delivery this fall.
- You can request items and we will continue to pull them for you and put them in the 24-hour study room. Lockers are coming in September for more secure deliveries and after-hours pickup.
- Books that are returned will undergo a 72-hour quarantine before they are checked in and put back on the shelves.
- To safeguard the health and safety of the campus community and ensure all students have access to course materials, we are unable to offer physical items on Course Reserves for Fall 2020.
- We will be offering instruction virtually – this means we can come to your synchronous Zoom class for a session or can create videos, etc. for you to embed in Canvas.
- We have a number of videos already up on our YouTube channel and will be creating Canvas modules as well for you to use.
- We will be doing virtual research appointments with students through Zoom.
- We are prioritizing collection purchases for online materials directly related to fall classes.
- If films are part of your course, please see our guide for teaching with films online.
- Most of our automatic shipment plans for print materials are on pause; if you need a specific title, please make a request.
Our New Discovery Interface – Primo
- We brought up our new search interface this summer that improves access to electronic content. We are offering several workshops that will quickly orient you to the new system.
- We also have short videos about how to use Primo on our YouTube channel – just click the Primo playlist.
As always, you can Ask a Librarian, if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you back op campus!