Wednesday, November 14
Hours: Open 24 Hours
- –ZSR Library, Special Collections & Archives Research Room (Room 625)What exactly are versals? Often seen in ancient manuscripts, versals are large embellished letters with elaborate flourishes, curves and ornate patterns, that set off a piece of calligraphy work. A modern twist on versal creation has taken place in calligrapher Joyce Teta’s Encore class. Starting with a small Gideon’s bible the students utilized their calligraphy skills in creating their own interpretation of a versal. This exhibit showcases the resulting 26 artist’s books highlighting students’ creative use and interpretation of versals.
- –ZSR Library, Room 204This class will take a deep-dive into running Operating Budget reports in Workday. The class will cover all of the Operating Summary Reports, the Detail Reports, and an overview of the prompts on the Payroll Reports. Note: FIN 101: Finance Essentials is a prerequisite for this course. You can take the course by clicking here. PLEASE NOTE: Registration is required for this event.
- –ZSR Library, Room 204Join us as we learn the basics of Microsoft PowerPoint! In this class we will explore the PowerPoint interface, as well as the File, Home, Insert, Design, Transitions, and Slide Show tabs. After this class, attendees will be equipped with the knowledge to create and deliver solid presentations with PowerPoint. We hope to see you there! PLEASE NOTE: Registration is required for this event.
- –ZSR Library, Room 204This class will take a deep-dive into running Other Fund Reports in Workday. Gift, Grant, Designation, Project, Agency, Reserve and Student Loan reports are covered. Note: FIN 101: Finance Essentials is a prerequisite for this course. You can take the course by clicking here. PLEASE NOTE: Registration is required for this event.
- –ZSR Library, 665Fair use is a powerful provision in the copyright law that gives us the right to use copyrighted works without permission of the owners under certain circumstances. Those circumstances are common in both teaching and scholarship, yet fair use remains an under-used and misunderstood right. Join us to learn about fair use, ways to help make fair use determinations, and for open discussion about your fair use questions.