Thursday, November 15
Hours: Open 24 Hours
- –ZSR Library, Special Collections & Archives Research Room (Room 625)What exactly are versals? Often seen in ancient manuscripts, versals are large embellished letters with elaborate flourishes, curves and ornate patterns, that set off a piece of calligraphy work. A modern twist on versal creation has taken place in calligrapher Joyce Teta’s Encore class. Starting with a small Gideon’s bible the students utilized their calligraphy skills in creating their own interpretation of a versal. This exhibit showcases the resulting 26 artist’s books highlighting students’ creative use and interpretation of versals.
- –ZSR Library, Room 204This class will take a deep-dive into running Other Fund Reports in Workday. Gift, Grant, Designation, Project, Agency, Reserve and Student Loan reports are covered. Note: FIN 101: Finance Essentials is a prerequisite for this course. You can take the course by clicking here. PLEASE NOTE: Registration is required for this event.
- –ZSR Library, Room 204This class will take a deep-dive into running Operating Budget reports in Workday. The class will cover all of the Operating Summary Reports, the Detail Reports, and an overview of the prompts on the Payroll Reports. Note: FIN 101: Finance Essentials is a prerequisite for this course. You can take the course by clicking here. PLEASE NOTE: Registration is required for this event.
- –ZSR Library, 665Learn how to visualize your data using the advanced graphing capabilities in the ggplot2 library. This workshop (6 of 6 in the series) will include building and customizing visual plots in R to better communicate your data. PLEASE NOTE: Registration is required for this event.
- –ZSR Library, Library Auditorium (Room 404)Please join the Office of the Dean of the College for the “New Ideas” series. Come learn more about the engaging scholarship of our College colleagues. Refreshments begin at 3:00 pm; speakers will begin promptly at 3:20 pm and will each have 8 minutes to share their "new idea." November Speakers: Chanchal Dadlani, Department of Art Rebecca Gill, Department of Communication Dan Locklair, Department of Music Martin Guthold, Department of Physics
- –ZSR Library, 665Discover strategies for ensuring that your research will be accessible and usable in the long term. Tools discussed include WakeSpace, Dataverse, and OSF.