Carrie Johnston is the Digital Humanities Research Designer at the Z. Reynolds Smith Library. In this position, she collaborates with faculty from across disciplines to incorporate computational methods and digital technologies into scholarly research projects. She joined ZSR in September of 2016. Previously, she was a Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Postdoctoral Fellow in Digital Scholarship at Bucknell University (2015-2016) and a Visiting Assistant Professor of English at Quincy University (2014-2015). In 2014 she earned her Ph.D. in English and American Literature from Southern Methodist University.
- Johnston, Carrie. (2017). Postwar Reentry Narratives in Leslie Marmon Silko's _Ceremony_ and Ben Fountain's _Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk_. Studies in the Novel, 49(3), 400-418. #
- Carrie, Johnston, & Anderson Cordell, Sigrid. (2017). Introduction: Gender and the Cultural Preoccupations of the American West. Studies in the Novel, 49(3), 299-303 . #
- Carrie, Johnston, Whearty, Bridget, Turnator, Ece, & Brunner, Marta. (2017). Creating Contact Zones in a "Post-Truth" Era: Perspectives on Librarian-Faculty Collaboration in Information Literacy Instruction. A Splendid Torch: Learning and Teaching in Today's Academic Libraries. Council on Library and Information Resources, (174). #
- Carrie, Johnston. (2013). Twain's Remarkable Achievement: Effacing the South for Northern Audiences. Rocky Mountain Review of Language and Literature, 67(1), 67-74. #
- Carrie, Johnston. (2017, January). Recovering Modernist Cities through Digital Augmentation. Modern Language Association Annual Convention, Philadelphia, PA.
- Carrie, Johnston. (2017, January). Keep the H in DH. Modern Language Association Annual Convention, Philadelphia, PA.
- Carrie, Johnston. (2016, November). Home Screens: Digitizing Place and Belonging in American Studies. American Studies Association Annual Meeting, Denver, CO.
- Carrie, Johnston. (2016, November). Changing the Shape of Liberal Arts Scholarship: A Library-Centered Approach. Digital Library Federation Liberal Arts Pre-Conference, Milwaukee, WI.
- Carrie, Johnston. (2016, March). Unsettling 19th-Century Railway Fictions. The Society of Nineteenth-Century Americanists Biennial Conference, State College, PA.
Note: Above is a selection of Carrie’s professional activity.