Carrie Johnston is the Digital Humanities Research Designer at the Z. Reynolds Smith Library. In this position, she collaborates with faculty from across disciplines to incorporate computational methods and digital technologies into scholarly research projects. She joined ZSR in September of 2016. Previously, she was a Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Postdoctoral Fellow in Digital Scholarship at Bucknell University (2015-2016) and a Visiting Assistant Professor of English at Quincy University (2014-2015). In 2014 she earned her Ph.D. in English and American Literature from Southern Methodist University.
- Johnston, Carrie, Dinsman, Melissa, & Rodrigues, Elizabeth. (2020). The Digital Labor of Blending Learning: the Reading Cities Project. Humans at Work in the Digital Age: Forms of Digital Textual Labor. Routledge: New York, NY.
- Johnston, Carrie. (2020). Alice Corbin Henderson's Poetry Networks in the "Great Southwest". College Literature, 47(1), 9-33.
- Johnston, Carrie. (2019). Home Screens: Technology and Archives in Fred Harvey's Southwest. Amerikastudien / American Studies, 64(1). #
- Johnston, Carrie, McGrath, James, Boyles, Christina, Cong-Huyen, Anne, & Phillips, Amanda. (2018). Precarious Labor in the Digital Humanities. American Quarterly, 70(3).
- Johnston, Carrie. (2017). Postwar Reentry Narratives in Leslie Marmon Silko's _Ceremony_ and Ben Fountain's _Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk_. Studies in the Novel, 49(3), 400-418. #
- Johnston, Carrie. (2021). Digital Humanities for Librarians. Technical Services Quarterly, 38(1), 102-103. #
- Johnston, Carrie. (2017). Vanessa Meikle Schulman. Work Sights: The Visual Culture of Industry in Nineteenth-Century America. SHARP News. #
- Johnston, Carrie. (2020, January). Being Human in Digital Humanities Project Management. Modern Language Association Annual Convention, Seattle, WA.
- Johnston, Carrie. (2019, November). Building Digital Archives as We Fight. American Studies Association Annual Meeting, Honolulu, HI.
- Johnston, Carrie, & Pellet, Stephanie. (2019, October). Tout le Monde: A Collaborative Pro-ject/-cess. Digitorium, Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Johnston, Carrie. (2019, January). Language and Labor in the Digital Humanities. Modern Language Association Annual Convention, Chicago, IL. #
- Johnston, Carrie. (2018, November). Critical Regionalisms and States of Emergence. American Studies Association Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA. #
Here @ ZSR
- The Shape of Emotions, a DH@Wake Event
- Improving Accessibility in Virtual Spaces
- Digital Humanities Summer Stipends Support Research Collaborations with DISC
- DH@Wake 2020: The Results Are In!
- DH@Wake 2020: Community and Collections