Craig Fansler is Preservation Librarian at ZSR Library of Wake Forest University. He holds an MLIS from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, a Master of Science in Management from Troy University and a Bachelor of Arts in Art History from East Carolina University. Craig has restored books and built protective enclosures for archival materials for 24 years. He is currently involved professionally with the Guild of Book Workers and the North Carolina Preservation Consortium. Craig frequently teaches book repair workshops across North Carolina for the North Carolina State Library.
- Fansler, Craig, McLelland, Courtenay, & Britton, Tracey. (2018). Featured Interview: Preservation Librarianship. Guild of Book Workers Newsletter, (237), 12-13.
- Fansler, Craig. (2017). An Interview with Bill Hanscom, Weissman Conservation Center, Harvard University. Guild of Book Workers Newsletter, August, 2017. Guild of Bookworkers, Aug. 2017(233), 15-16. #
- Bennett, Stephanie, & Fansler, Craig. (2017). Bringing Dolmen Press Printing Blocks Further into the Light. Journal of the Society of North Carolina Archivists, 14, 2-11.
- Lock, Mary Beth, Fansler, Craig, & Webb, Meghan. (2016). (R)Evolutionary Emergency Planning: Adding Resilience through Continuous Review. International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management, 5(2). #
- Fansler, Craig. (2015). Director's Cut: Italian Neorealism Film and the Giuseppe De Santis Papers. Archival Outlook, (November/December 2015), 4-5, 23. #
- Lock, Mary, & Fansler, Craig. (2015). Emergency Planning (R)Evolution: Making a Comprehensive Emergency Plan for the Present and the Future. Disaster Management and Contingency Planning in Modern Libraries. IGI-Global: Hershey, PA.
- Fansler, Craig. (2014). The Dolmen Press Collection: One Collection, Many Uses. Archival Outlook, (Nov./Dec. 2014), 10 and 26. #
- Petersen, Rebecca, Gilbertson, Kevin, & Fansler, Craig. (2014). The Missing Link: Observations on the Evolution of a Web Archive. Journal of the Society of North Carolina Archivists, 11(1).
- Daugman, Ellen, & Fansler, Craig. (2014). Developing a Continuity of Operations Plan. North Carolina Libraries, 71(2), 18-26. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2013). Understanding Your Research Needs. Research Like a Librarian: Accessing Information in the 21st Century. Wake Forest Digital Publishing: wakExpress: Winston-Salem,NC. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2012). The Repair of Large-Scale Theater Posters. Archival Product News, 17(3), 6-8. #
- Fansler, Craig, & Yun, Audra. (2012). Inside the Box: Incorporating Archival Material Into Undergraduate Information Literacy Instruction. Journal for the Society of North Carolina Archivists, 9(1), 15-24. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2012). Found! Restoring and Digitizing the Cuala Press Sample Book. North Carolina Library Association, 70(1 (2012)), 25-27. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2010). A Workshop with Don Rash. Guild of Book Workers Newsletter. Gild of Book Workers Newsletter, (190), 8-9.
- Fansler, Craig. (2009). The Library in the Classroom. ALA-APA Library Worklife, 6(12). #
- Fansler, Craig. (2016). Review of In-House Bookbinding and Repair. Technical Services Quarterly, 33(3).
- Fansler, Craig. (2017, March). Irish Ink: Printing and Visualizing the Dolmen Press Collection. Society of North Carolina Archivists Annual Meeting, Boone, NC. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2015, March). Preserving Forsyth's Past. "Removing Barriers: Outreach & Diversity in Action", Greenville, NC. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2014, April). The Dolmen Press: One Collection, Many Uses. Connect, Create, and Celebrate: Archives in the 21st Century., Raleigh, NC.
- Fansler, Craig, & Petersen, Rebecca. (2013, October). Clarence Herbert New: A Man of Extremes. Prepared in Mind and Resources: Collaboration, Relevance, and the Re-Imagined Archives, Furman University, Greenville, SC.
- Fansler, Craig, & Petersen, Rebecca. (2013, August). Clarence Herbert New: A Man of Extremes. Archives 2013, New Orleans, LA.
- Fansler, Craig, & Yun, Audra. (2011, May). Inside the Box: Incorporating Archival Material into Undergraduate Information Literacy Instruction. University of North Carolina Library Asociation (LAUNCH) Research Forum, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Fansler, Craig, Eagle, Audra, & Hoff, Rachel. (2010, March). Preserving Forsyth's Past. Society of North Carolina Archivists (SNCA) Annual Conference, Pinehurst, NC.
Committees & Offices Held
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Board, Member at Large. (March 21, 2012 - March 21, 2013).
- Society of American Archivists Preservation Section Steering Committee, Member. (February 2011 - August 2015).
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Archives Week Committee, Member. (January 1, 2011 - Present).
- North Carolina Preservation Consortium Conference, November 2019
- Craig at The Guild of Book Workers Standards of Excellence Seminar – Philadelphia, November 2019
- Preservation Annual Report FY 2018-2019, May 2019
- Preservation Students Lab Training- Sydney Comstock, February 2019
- Preservation Students: Training and Experiences in the Lab, November 2018
Here @ ZSR
- Artist’s Books and Calligraphy in Special Collections & Archives, September 2019
- Spring 2019 Book Repair Workshops, May 2019
- Anna Hathcock Reports Her Experience Working in the Preservation Lab, April 2019
- Bible Versals Exhibit In Special Collections, October 2018
- Bookmarks Festival Demonstration, September 2018