Heather Barnes is Digital Curation Librarian on the Digital Initiatives and Scholarly Communication (DISC) team at ZSR. Prior to joining ZSR, Heather worked with several digital archives projects, including the Folkstreams documentary film preservation project, Duke University's Archive of Documentary Arts, and The Sun Magazine's digital conversion project.
- Barnes, Heather. (2019). Crowdfunding and Participatory Outreach in Archives. Participatory Archives: Theory and Practice. Facet Publishing.
- Barnes, Heather. (2013). Screening the Past at the Museum of Modern Art. An Interview with Joshua Siegel, Associate Curator of Film at MoMA and Co-founding Curator of To Save and Project: The MoMA International Festival of Film Preservation. St Andrews Film Studies Publishing House.
- Poole, Alex, Lee, Christopher, Barnes, Heather, & Murillo, Angela. (2013). Digital curation preparation: A survey of contributors to international professional, educational, and research venues. Education (ALISE), 7, 9.
- Barnes, Heather. (2014, July). Curation in the Wild: Developing Digital Preservation Assessment Models for Use in Community Documentary Projects. Archives Education Research Institute (AERI), Austin, TX.
- Barnes, Heather. (2014, March). Preserving Film Festival Records. Society for Cinema and Media Studies (SCMS), Chicago, IL.
- Barnes, Heather. (2012, July). Moving Image Preservation. Archives Education Research Institute (AERI), Los Angeles, CA.
- Heather at DLF/DigiPres19, October 2019
- Heather at SAA, August 2019
- Heather at ML4ARC, July 2019
- A tale of two symposia, May 2019
- Heather and Jess at the Sustaining DH Institute, February 2019
Here @ ZSR
- Digits: For Good, November 2020
- World Digital Preservation Day 2019, November 2019
- Indelible Objects: The Lynn Book Project and the Intersection of Archives and Performance, April 2019