Kyle Denlinger is the Digital Pedagogy & Open Education Librarian at Wake Forest University’s Z. Smith Reynolds Library.
Kyle earned his MA in Information Science & Learning Technologies from the University Missouri--Columbia and his BS in Secondary Education from the University of Cincinnati. He has been recognized as a 2014 Library Journal Mover and Shaker and a 2014 American Library Association Emerging Leader.
- Denlinger, Kyle, Shields, Kathy, & Webb, Meghan. (2019). "Not missing the point(s): Applying specifications grading to credit-bearing information literacy classes.". The grounded instruction librarian: Participating in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Association of College and Research Libraries: Chicago, IL. #
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2016). Experimenting with Massive Open Online Courses for Library Outreach and Institutional Awareness of Library Expertise. E-Learning Innovations in Academic Libraries. McFarland Publishing: Jefferson, NC.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2018). New Methods of Teaching and Learning in Libraries, Edited by Ann Whitney Gleason (Book Review). Technical Services Quarterly, 35(3), 310-311. #
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2016). Cutting-Edge Research in Developing the Library of the Future: New Paths for Building Future Services, Edited by Bradford Lee Eden (Book Review). Technical Services Quarterly, 33(2), 212-214.
- Foster, Amanda, Denlinger, Kyle, Krstevska, Summer, & Womack, Hubert. (2019, October). Watch this Space: Emerging Trends in Credit Bearing Information Literacy Courses. North Carolina Library Association 63rd Biennial Conference, October 2019, Winston Salem.
- Denlinger, Kyle, Shields, Kathy, Webb, Meghan, & Womack, Hubert. (2019, October). #SquadGoals: Creating and Sustaining a Library Instruction Community. North Carolina Library Association 63rd Biennial Conference, October 2019, Winston Salem.
- Eastman-Mullins, Andrea, Denlinger, Kyle, & Wemlinger, Elizabeth. (2019, October). OER in the Real World: Challenges of Discovery and Adoption. Charleston Library Conference 2019, Charleston, SC.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2019, October). Hypothes.is and Open Pedagogy. North Carolina Library Association 63rd Biennial Conference, October 2019, Winston Salem, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Denlinger, Kyle. (2019, June). Using VoiceThread to Design a Science IL Course. NCLA Distance Learning Section Meeting, Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC.
- Gilbertson, Kevin, & Denlinger, Kyle. (2019, March). Enhancing Library Discovery with Lightweight Meta Queries. Designing for Digital, Austin, TX.
- Denlinger, Kyle, Shields, Kathy, Webb, Meghan, & Womack, Hubert. (2018, May). Not Missing the Point(s): Meaningful New Approaches to Assessment. The Innovative Library Classroom (TILC), Radford, VA. #
- Keener, Molly, Knox, Brenda, Denlinger, Kyle, & Ellentuck, Benjamin. (2017, March). Culture & the Sitcom: Using Media & Technology to Connect Scholarship & Teaching. Teachers, Teaching, and Media Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Denlinger, Kyle, & Foster, Amanda. (2016, May). You Can Go Your Own Way: Rethinking Credit-Bearing Courses in Light of the Framework. LOEX, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2015, December). VoiceThread for Building Community in Online Courses (Lightning presentation). NC-LITe, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Denlinger, Kyle, Brecher Cook, Dani, Garrett, Jennifer, & Wong, Sabrina. (2015, March). High/Low/No Tech: A Snapshot of Instructional Techniques from Four Academic Libraries. ACRL 2015, Portland, OR.
- Denlinger, Kyle, Winn, Jade, & Thomas, Wm. Joseph. (2014, June). Leading from the Side: On, Off, and Within Your Campus (Panel discussion). ALA 2014, Las Vegas, NV.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2013, June). ZSRx: A mini-MOOC for Reaching New Audiences. ALA 2013, Chicago, Illinois.
- Denlinger, Kyle. (2013, April). ZSRx: An Information Literacy MOOC. CNI Spring 2013 Membership Meeting, San Antonio, Texas.
- Kyle at Charleston Conference 2019, November 2019
- New Year, New Search: Big News from the UX Committee, January 2019