- Sarah Jeong
- Research & Instruction Librarian - Science
- Research & Instruction
- Science & Mathematics; Biology; Chemistry; Engineering; Physics; Computer Science; Environmental Science; Health Sciences & Medicine; Mathematics; Neuroscience; Technology
Book a Research Session
Sarah Jeong (MLIS, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro; B.S., Biology, Duke University) is a Research & Instruction Librarian for Science at Wake Forest University. She is a subject specialist liaison librarian responsible for course-integrated research instruction, science research consultation for undergraduates and graduate students, and collection management in the sciences. Sarah has accomplished 20 publications and over 25 presentations at conferences including the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Annual Meeting. Sarah is a recipient of the North Carolina Science Olympiad Outstanding Volunteer Award and a member of the Beta Phi Mu International Library and Information Studies Honor Society.
- Wherry, Sarah, Miller, Ryan, Jeong, Sarah, & Beavers, Kristen. (2021). The Ability of Exercise to Mitigate Caloric Restriction-Induced Bone Loss in Older Adults: A Structured Review of RCTs and Narrative Review of Exercise-Induced Changes in Bone Biomarkers. Nutrients, 13(4), 1250.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2021). Navigating the National Center for Biotechnology Information's Databases on the Medicinal Chemistry of Homocystinuria. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, (98). #
- Iltis, Ana, Lewis, Akaya, Neely, Sarah, Seaton, Stephannie, & Jeong, Sarah. (2021). Applying Genetic and Genomic Tools to Psychiatric Disorders: A Scoping Review. HEC Forum, 1-16. #
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020). Encyclopedias: Botany and Books - Linnaeus and Diderot. History of Applied Science and Technology: An Open Textbook. The Digital Press at the University of North Dakota.
- Grigg, Karen, Jeong, Sarah, & Exner, Nina. (2018). Providing Innovative Library Services to STEM Graduate Students. Transforming Libraries to Serve Graduate Students. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL). #
- Jeong, Sarah. (2021). Germs at Bay: Politics, Public Health, and American Quarantine [Book review]. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 59(3), 0764.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020). SAGE Encyclopedia of Human Communication Sciences and Disorders [Book review]. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 57(11), 3528.
- Arnett, Diana, & Jeong, Sarah. (2021, January). Teaching the Biochemistry of Inherited Metabolic Diseases. National Center for Biotechnology Information Bioinformatics Forum, Webinar.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020, May). Bioinformatics Research Instruction for Epigenetics and Biochemistry. National Center for Biotechnology Information Bioinformatics Forum, Webinar.
- Grigg, Karen, Ottosen, Terri, & Jeong, Sarah. (2019, October). Recognizing and Avoiding Implicit Bias in Health Sciences Collections and Services. NCLA 63rd Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Denlinger, Kyle. (2019, June). Using VoiceThread to Design a Science IL Course. NCLA Distance Learning Section Meeting, Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2019, March). An Integrated Workflow of Multi-Database Bibliometric Analysis. Empirical Librarians Conference, Richmond, VA.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Vendor/Publisher Relations Task Force, Member. (August 2020 - June 2021).
- Web of Science Product Advisory User Group, Member. (2020 - 2021).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Executive Board, Chair. (October 2019 - August 2021).
- ALA Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Member-at-Large. (July 2019 - June 2021).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Nominating Committee, Chair. (May 2019 - October 2019).
Here @ ZSR
- ZSR @ Wake Downtown
- Neuroscience Book Club Spring 2016
- AccessScience & AccessMedicine
- Neuroscience Book Club