Sarah Jeong has over 14 years experience as the Research & Instruction Librarian for Science at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library, where she has developed and taught LIB 220 Science Research Sources and Strategies for 10 years. She has served as Chair of the Association of College & Research Libraries Science & Technology Section Research Forum and Poster Session and was one of the founding conference organizers of Science Boot Camp for Librarians Southeast. Mrs. Jeong received her B.S. in Biology from Duke University (Benjamin N. Duke Scholar, U.S. Presidential Science Scholar) and her MLIS degree from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (Beta Phi Mu Library & Information Studies Honor Society).
- Qin, Na, & Jeong, Sarah. (2014). Selected Internet Resources on Chemistry Education. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, (78). #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Reviews of Science for Science Librarians: Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS). Science & Technology Libraries, 30(3), 229-243. #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Core Resources on Time Series Analysis for Academic Libraries: A Selected, Annotated Bibliography. Charleston Conference Proceedings 2010, 200-209.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Jeong, Sarah. (2017). Altmetrics: A Practical Guide for Librarians, Researchers and Academics [Book review]. Technical Services Quarterly, 34(2), 230-231.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016). SAGE Encyclopedia of Cancer & Society, 2nd ed. [Book review]. CHOICE: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 54(1), 0015.
- Jeong, Sarah, Grigg, Karen, & Exner, Nina. (2017, October). The ACRL Information Literacy Framework + STEM: A Panel. NCLA Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Womack, Hubert, Jeong, Sarah, & McMahan, Kaeley. (2017, October). Embedding Outside the Classroom: Three Academic Librarians in the Departments and Residence Halls. NCLA 62nd Biennial Conference, Winston Salem, NC. #
- Kim, Seong-Tae, & Jeong, Sarah. (2017, April). Bibliometric Features of GWAS Articles over the Last Decade. National Center for Biotechnology Information, Webinar.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, July). Lightning Talk: Flipping a Science Literacy Course with VoiceThread and Audacity. Science Boot Camp for Librarians Southeast, Athens, GA.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, June). Lessons Learned from Flipping a Science Information Literacy Course. Lilly International Conference on Evidence-Based Teaching & Learning, Bethesda, MD.
Committees & Offices Held
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Executive Board, Vice Chair/Chair-Elect. (October 21, 2017 - Present).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Program Committee, Co-Chair. (October 2017 - Present).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Executive Board, Secretary-Treasurer. (August 4, 2016 - October 20, 2017).
- Association of College & Research Libraries Science & Technology Section Science Resources: Discovery & Access Committee, Committee Member. (July 1, 2016 - Present).
- Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association Executive Board, Secretary. (July 2, 2014 - June 20, 2015).
Note: Above is a selection of Sarah’s professional activity.
- Sarah at the University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences Library, November 2017
- Sarah at NCLA, October 2017
- ACS National Meeting in DC, September 2017
- Sarah at the NIH Bibliometrics and Research Assessment Symposium, December 2016
- Sarah at the 2nd Science Boot Camp for Librarians Southeast, July 2016