Sarah Jeong is a Research & Instruction Librarian for Science at Wake Forest University. She received her MLIS degree from UNCG and a B.S. degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry from Duke University. Sarah has accomplished 20 publications and over 25 presentations. She is active in the Science & Technology Section of the Association of College & Research Libraries and the STEM-LINC Round Table of the North Carolina Library Association. Sarah is a member of the Beta Phi Mu International Library and Information Studies Honor Society.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020). Encyclopedias: Botany and Books - Linnaeus and Diderot. History of Applied Science and Technology: An Open Textbook. The Digital Press at the University of North Dakota.
- Grigg, Karen, Jeong, Sarah, & Exner, Nina. (2018). Providing Innovative Library Services to STEM Graduate Students. Transforming Libraries to Serve Graduate Students. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL). #
- Qin, Na, & Jeong, Sarah. (2014). Selected Internet Resources on Chemistry Education. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, (78). #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Reviews of Science for Science Librarians: Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS). Science & Technology Libraries, 30(3), 229-243. #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Core Resources on Time Series Analysis for Academic Libraries: A Selected, Annotated Bibliography. Charleston Conference Proceedings 2010, 200-209.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020). SAGE Encyclopedia of Human Communication Sciences and Disorders [Book review]. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 57(11), 3528.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2018). Fraud and Misconduct in Research: Detection, Investigation, and Organizational Response [Book review]. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 55(12), 4434.
- Arnett, Diana, & Jeong, Sarah. (2021, January). Teaching the Biochemistry of Inherited Metabolic Diseases. National Center for Biotechnology Information Bioinformatics Forum, Webinar.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020, May). Bioinformatics Research Instruction for Epigenetics and Biochemistry. National Center for Biotechnology Information Bioinformatics Forum, Webinar.
- Grigg, Karen, Ottosen, Terri, & Jeong, Sarah. (2019, October). Recognizing and Avoiding Implicit Bias in Health Sciences Collections and Services. NCLA 63rd Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Denlinger, Kyle. (2019, June). Using VoiceThread to Design a Science IL Course. NCLA Distance Learning Section Meeting, Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2019, March). An Integrated Workflow of Multi-Database Bibliometric Analysis. Empirical Librarians Conference, Richmond, VA.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Vendor/Publisher Relations Task Force, Member. (August 2020 - June 2021).
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Communications Task Force, Member. (August 2020 - June 2021).
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Publications Committee, Committee Co-Chair. (July 2020 - June 2022).
- Web of Science Product Advisory User Group, Member. (2020 - 2021).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Executive Board, Chair. (October 2019 - October 2021).
Note: Above is a selection of Sarah’s professional activity.
- Sarah at ALA Midwinter 2020, January 2020
- Sarah’s reflection on the NCLA Biennial Conference, November 2019
- Sarah returns to ALA Annual in DC, July 2019
- Denice and Sarah at Southeast Science Bootcamp, June 2019
- Sarah at the 2019 Empirical Librarians Conference, March 2019