- Sarah Jeong
- Research & Instruction Librarian - Science
- Research & Instruction
- Science & Mathematics; Biology; Chemistry; Engineering; Physics; Computer Science; Environmental Science; Health Sciences & Medicine; Mathematics; Neuroscience; Technology
Book a Research Session
Sarah Jeong is the Research & Instruction Librarian for Science at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. In addition to teaching LIB 220 Science Research Sources and Strategies, she is the library liaison for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Bioethics. She earned her BS from Duke University, and her MLIS from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Currently, she serves on the Executive Board of the Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association (APALA).
- Wherry, Sarah, Miller, Ryan, Jeong, Sarah, & Beavers, Kristen. (2021). The Ability of Exercise to Mitigate Caloric Restriction-Induced Bone Loss in Older Adults: A Structured Review of RCTs and Narrative Review of Exercise-Induced Changes in Bone Biomarkers. Nutrients, 13(4), 1250.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020). Encyclopedias: Botany and Books - Linnaeus and Diderot. History of Applied Science and Technology: An Open Textbook. The Digital Press at the University of North Dakota.
- Grigg, Karen, Jeong, Sarah, & Exner, Nina. (2018). Providing Innovative Library Services to STEM Graduate Students. Transforming Libraries to Serve Graduate Students. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL). #
- Qin, Na, & Jeong, Sarah. (2014). Selected Internet Resources on Chemistry Education. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, (78). #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Reviews of Science for Science Librarians: Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS). Science & Technology Libraries, 30(3), 229-243. #
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020). SAGE Encyclopedia of Human Communication Sciences and Disorders [Book review]. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 57(11), 3528.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2018). Fraud and Misconduct in Research: Detection, Investigation, and Organizational Response [Book review]. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 55(12), 4434.
- Arnett, Diana, & Jeong, Sarah. (2021, January). Teaching the Biochemistry of Inherited Metabolic Diseases. National Center for Biotechnology Information Bioinformatics Forum, Webinar.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020, May). Bioinformatics Research Instruction for Epigenetics and Biochemistry. National Center for Biotechnology Information Bioinformatics Forum, Webinar.
- Grigg, Karen, Ottosen, Terri, & Jeong, Sarah. (2019, October). Recognizing and Avoiding Implicit Bias in Health Sciences Collections and Services. NCLA 63rd Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Denlinger, Kyle. (2019, June). Using VoiceThread to Design a Science IL Course. NCLA Distance Learning Section Meeting, Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2019, March). An Integrated Workflow of Multi-Database Bibliometric Analysis. Empirical Librarians Conference, Richmond, VA.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Vendor/Publisher Relations Task Force, Member. (August 2020 - June 2021).
- Web of Science Product Advisory User Group, Member. (2020 - 2021).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Executive Board, Chair. (October 2019 - August 2021).
- ALA Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Member-at-Large. (July 2019 - June 2021).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Nominating Committee, Chair. (May 2019 - October 2019).
Here @ ZSR
- ZSR @ Wake Downtown
- Neuroscience Book Club Spring 2016
- AccessScience & AccessMedicine
- Neuroscience Book Club