Sarah (M.L.I.S., The University of North Carolina at Greensboro; B.S., Biology, Duke University) has worked at Wake Forest University since 2003. She has developed and taught LIB 220 Science Research Sources and Strategies for over 10 years. She is the subject specialist responsible for course-integrated research instruction, literature research consultation for undergraduates and graduate students, and collection management in the sciences. Prior to working at Wake Forest University, Sarah worked at Cone Memorial Hospital Library. Her professional achievements include serving as a Co-Founder of Science Boot Camp for Librarians Southeast, a Co-Founder and Chair of the STEM-Librarianship in North Carolina Round Table, as well as receiving the Outstanding Volunteer Award for the 2020 North Carolina Science Olympiad Winston-Salem Regional Tournament. Sarah is a member of the Beta Phi Mu International Library and Information Studies Honor Society.
- Grigg, Karen, Jeong, Sarah, & Exner, Nina. (2018). Providing Innovative Library Services to STEM Graduate Students. Transforming Libraries to Serve Graduate Students. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL). #
- Qin, Na, & Jeong, Sarah. (2014). Selected Internet Resources on Chemistry Education. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, (78). #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Reviews of Science for Science Librarians: Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS). Science & Technology Libraries, 30(3), 229-243. #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Core Resources on Time Series Analysis for Academic Libraries: A Selected, Annotated Bibliography. Charleston Conference Proceedings 2010, 200-209.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020). SAGE Encyclopedia of Human Communication Sciences and Disorders [Book review]. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 57(11), 3528.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2018). Fraud and Misconduct in Research: Detection, Investigation, and Organizational Response [Book review]. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 55(12), 4434.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020, May). Bioinformatics Research Instruction for Epigenetics and Biochemistry. National Center for Biotechnology Information, Webinar.
- Grigg, Karen, Ottosen, Terri, & Jeong, Sarah. (2019, October). Recognizing and Avoiding Implicit Bias in Health Sciences Collections and Services. NCLA 63rd Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Denlinger, Kyle. (2019, June). Using VoiceThread to Design a Science IL Course. NCLA Distance Learning Section Meeting, Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2019, March). An Integrated Workflow of Multi-Database Bibliometric Analysis. Empirical Librarians Conference, Richmond, VA.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Deards, Kiyomi. (2018, August). Pre- and Post-Research Group Selection: Evolving Roles for Chemistry Librarians. American Chemical Society 256th National Meeting, Division of Chemical Information, Chemistry Librarians of the Future Symposium, Boston, MA.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Vendor/Publisher Relations Task Force, Member. (August 2020 - June 2021).
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Communications Task Force, Member. (August 2020 - June 2021).
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Publications Committee, Committee Co-Chair. (July 2020 - June 2022).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Executive Board, Chair. (October 2019 - October 2021).
- ALA Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Member-at-Large. (July 2019 - June 2021).
Note: Above is a selection of Sarah’s professional activity.
- Sarah at ALA Midwinter 2020, January 2020
- Sarah’s reflection on the NCLA Biennial Conference, November 2019
- Sarah returns to ALA Annual in DC, July 2019
- Denice and Sarah at Southeast Science Bootcamp, June 2019
- Sarah at the 2019 Empirical Librarians Conference, March 2019