Sarah Jeong is the Research & Instruction Librarian for Science at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library and has worked at Wake Forest University since 2003. In addition to developing and teaching LIB 220 Science Research Sources and Strategies, she is the library liaison for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Neuroscience. Sarah has presented at the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Annual Meeting, the American Library Association Annual Conference, the Charleston Conference, and the Lilly International Conference on Evidence-Based Teaching and Learning. She has served as Chair of the Association of College & Research Libraries Science & Technology Section Research Forum and Poster Session and was one of the founding conference organizers of Science Boot Camp for Librarians Southeast. She is currently the Secretary-Treasurer of the inaugural NCLA STEM-LINC Executive Committee. Sarah received a B.S. in Biology from Duke University and an MLIS from UNCG. She is a member of Beta Phi Mu, the International Library & Information Studies Honor Society.
- Qin, Na, & Jeong, Sarah. (2014). Selected Internet Resources on Chemistry Education. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, (78). #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Reviews of Science for Science Librarians: Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS). Science & Technology Libraries, 30(3), 229-243. #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Core Resources on Time Series Analysis for Academic Libraries: A Selected, Annotated Bibliography. Charleston Conference Proceedings 2010, 200-209.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Jeong, Sarah. (2017). Altmetrics: A Practical Guide for Librarians, Researchers and Academics [Book review]. Technical Services Quarterly, 34(2), 230-231.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016). SAGE Encyclopedia of Cancer & Society, 2nd ed. [Book review]. CHOICE: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 54(1), 0015.
- Jeong, Sarah, Grigg, Karen, & Exner, Nina. (2017, October). The ACRL Information Literacy Framework + STEM: A Panel. NCLA Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Womack, Hubert, Jeong, Sarah, & McMahan, Kaeley. (2017, October). Embedding Outside the Classroom: Three Academic Librarians in the Departments and Residence Halls. NCLA 62nd Biennial Conference, Winston Salem, NC. #
- Kim, Seong-Tae, & Jeong, Sarah. (2017, April). Bibliometric Features of GWAS Articles over the Last Decade. National Center for Biotechnology Information, Webinar.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, July). Lightning Talk: Flipping a Science Literacy Course with VoiceThread and Audacity. Science Boot Camp for Librarians Southeast, Athens, GA.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, June). Lessons Learned from Flipping a Science Information Literacy Course. Lilly International Conference on Evidence-Based Teaching & Learning, Bethesda, MD.
Committees & Offices Held
- North Carolina Library Association STEM-LINC Executive Board, Vice Chair/Chair-Elect. (October 21, 2017 - Present).
- Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association Annual Diversity & Outreach Fair/Poster Session, Co-Chair. ( 2017 - Present).
- North Carolina Library Association STEM-LINC Executive Board, Secretary-Treasurer. (August 4, 2016 - October 2017).
- Association of College & Research Libraries Science & Technology Section Science Resources: Discovery & Access Committee, Committee Member. (July 1, 2016 - Present).
- Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association Executive Board, Secretary. (July 2, 2014 - June 2015).
Note: Above is a selection of Sarah’s professional activity.
- Sarah at the University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences Library, November 2017
- Sarah at NCLA, October 2017
- ACS National Meeting in DC, September 2017
- Sarah at the NIH Bibliometrics and Research Assessment Symposium, December 2016
- Sarah at the 2nd Science Boot Camp for Librarians Southeast, July 2016