Sarah Jeong has over 14 years experience as the Research & Instruction Librarian for Science at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library, where she has developed and taught LIB 220 Science Research Sources and Strategies for 10 years. She is the subject specialist responsible for course-integrated research instruction, research metrics consultation, literature research consultation for undergraduates and graduate students, and collection management in her designated liaison areas. Mrs. Jeong received her B.S. in Biology from Duke University (Benjamin N. Duke Scholar) and her MLIS degree from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (Beta Phi Mu Library & Information Studies Honor Society).
- Qin, Na, & Jeong, Sarah. (2014). Selected Internet Resources on Chemistry Education. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, (78). #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Reviews of Science for Science Librarians: Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS). Science & Technology Libraries, 30(3), 229-243. #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Core Resources on Time Series Analysis for Academic Libraries: A Selected, Annotated Bibliography. Charleston Conference Proceedings 2010, 200-209.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Jeong, Sarah. (2018). Fraud and Misconduct in Research: Detection, Investigation, and Organizational Response [Book review]. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 55(12). #
- Jeong, Sarah. (2017). Altmetrics: A Practical Guide for Librarians, Researchers and Academics [Book review]. Technical Services Quarterly, 34(2), 230-231.
- Jeong, Sarah, Grigg, Karen, & Exner, Nina. (2017, October). The ACRL Information Literacy Framework + STEM: A Panel. NCLA Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Womack, Hubert, Jeong, Sarah, & McMahan, Kaeley. (2017, October). Embedding Outside the Classroom: Three Academic Librarians in the Departments and Residence Halls. NCLA 62nd Biennial Conference, Winston Salem, NC. #
- Kim, Seong-Tae, & Jeong, Sarah. (2017, April). Bibliometric Features of GWAS Articles over the Last Decade. National Center for Biotechnology Information, Webinar.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, July). Lightning Talk: Flipping a Science Literacy Course with VoiceThread and Audacity. Science Boot Camp for Librarians Southeast, Athens, GA.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2016, June). Lessons Learned from Flipping a Science Information Literacy Course. Lilly International Conference on Evidence-Based Teaching & Learning, Bethesda, MD.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries Science & Technology Section Publications Committee, Committee Member. (July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2020).
- 2018 STELLA (Science, Technology & Engineering Library Leaders in Action) @ NC Unconference Planning Committee, Member. (January 2018 - Present).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Executive Board, Vice Chair/Chair-Elect. (October 21, 2017 - Present).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Program Committee, Co-Chair. (October 2017 - Present).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Executive Board, Secretary-Treasurer. (August 4, 2016 - October 20, 2017).
Note: Above is a selection of Sarah’s professional activity.
- Sarah at the University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences Library, November 2017
- Sarah at NCLA, October 2017
- ACS National Meeting in DC, September 2017
- Sarah at the NIH Bibliometrics and Research Assessment Symposium, December 2016
- Sarah at the 2nd Science Boot Camp for Librarians Southeast, July 2016
Here @ ZSR
- ZSR @ Wake Downtown, January 2017