Sarah Jeong is a Research & Instruction Librarian for Science at Wake Forest University. She has 20 years of experience in science and medical librarianship and joined the Z. Smith Reynolds Library in 2003. Prior to working at Wake Forest University, Sarah worked at Cone Memorial Hospital Library. Sarah has accomplished 20 publications and over 25 presentations at the regional, national, and international level. She received her MLIS degree from UNCG and her B.S. degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry from Duke University. Sarah is a Benjamin N. Duke Leadership Scholar, a U.S. Presidential Science Scholar, and a member of the Beta Phi Mu International Library and Information Studies Honor Society.
- Wherry, Sarah, Miller, Ryan, Jeong, Sarah, & Beavers, Kristen. (2021). The Ability of Exercise to Mitigate Caloric Restriction-Induced Bone Loss in Older Adults: A Structured Review of RCTs and Narrative Review of Exercise-Induced Changes in Bone Biomarkers. Nutrients, 13(4), 1250.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020). Encyclopedias: Botany and Books - Linnaeus and Diderot. History of Applied Science and Technology: An Open Textbook. The Digital Press at the University of North Dakota.
- Grigg, Karen, Jeong, Sarah, & Exner, Nina. (2018). Providing Innovative Library Services to STEM Graduate Students. Transforming Libraries to Serve Graduate Students. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL). #
- Qin, Na, & Jeong, Sarah. (2014). Selected Internet Resources on Chemistry Education. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, (78). #
- Jeong, Sarah, & Kim, Seong-Tae. (2011). Reviews of Science for Science Librarians: Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS). Science & Technology Libraries, 30(3), 229-243. #
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020). SAGE Encyclopedia of Human Communication Sciences and Disorders [Book review]. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 57(11), 3528.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2018). Fraud and Misconduct in Research: Detection, Investigation, and Organizational Response [Book review]. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, 55(12), 4434.
- Arnett, Diana, & Jeong, Sarah. (2021, January). Teaching the Biochemistry of Inherited Metabolic Diseases. National Center for Biotechnology Information Bioinformatics Forum, Webinar.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2020, May). Bioinformatics Research Instruction for Epigenetics and Biochemistry. National Center for Biotechnology Information Bioinformatics Forum, Webinar.
- Grigg, Karen, Ottosen, Terri, & Jeong, Sarah. (2019, October). Recognizing and Avoiding Implicit Bias in Health Sciences Collections and Services. NCLA 63rd Biennial Conference, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Denlinger, Kyle. (2019, June). Using VoiceThread to Design a Science IL Course. NCLA Distance Learning Section Meeting, Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC.
- Jeong, Sarah. (2019, March). An Integrated Workflow of Multi-Database Bibliometric Analysis. Empirical Librarians Conference, Richmond, VA.
Committees & Offices Held
- Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Vendor/Publisher Relations Task Force, Member. (August 2020 - June 2021).
- Web of Science Product Advisory User Group, Member. (2020 - 2021).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Executive Board, Chair. (October 2019 - October 2021).
- ALA Association of College & Research Libraries, Science & Technology Section, Member-at-Large. (July 2019 - June 2021).
- NCLA STEM-LINC Round Table Nominating Committee, Chair. (May 2019 - October 2019).
Note: Above is a selection of Sarah’s professional activity.
- Sarah at ALA Midwinter 2020, January 2020
- Sarah’s reflection on the NCLA Biennial Conference, November 2019
- Sarah returns to ALA Annual in DC, July 2019
- Denice and Sarah at Southeast Science Bootcamp, June 2019