Citation Guides & Style Help
Take a look at the selected guides below for four of the most popular citation styles. These brief guides cover how to cite both electronic and traditional print resources.
- Citing Electronic Information lists recommended electronic information citation guides.
- Citing US Government Documents provides general principles for citing US Government documents in MLA or APA.
- Citing Government Information Sources Using MLA features numerous sample citations.
- DocsCite is a step-by-step guide to putting government publication citations into proper style format.
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation includes principles and examples for legal citations.
The Reference Desk can always help you with citation and style issues. Ask a Librarian or visit us on the 4th floor of the Wilson wing.
More Online Help
Are you researching in the humanities, the social sciences, history, or the sciences? Research and Documentation Online helps you find, evaluate, and document sources.
See Learning APA Style if you’re looking for the basics or if you need to explore the differences between the 5th and 6th editions in detail. If you have questions about the 5th edition, browse our APA 5th Edition citation guide.