About the Library Printers
All ZSR student printers print both black and white as well as color. Black and white prints cost $.08 per side; color costs $.25 per side. Make sure to select the proper queue when printing so you don’t get overcharged! All prints default to double-sided – this has no effect on the cost of the job.
When printing, you will be prompted for your username. Make sure to use your WFU username, or you will not be able to release your print job. If you are a guest using a vending card, type in the 9 digit number on the front of your card.
Students can print from any public access computer in ZSR or wirelessly from their university-issued laptop. University-issued laptops come pre-loaded with the print drivers.
If you are using a personal (non university-issued) computer, you will need to install the appropriate print drivers. Instructions on how to install library network printers can be found below.
How to Print
- Send your document to print.
- Make sure to select the appropriate printer queue (Student-BW or Student-Color) in the print settings. If you want your document to print single-sided, change the settings in print preferences (the default for all print jobs is double-sided).
- Once you select Print, a Pharos printing box will pop-up asking for your username. Make sure to use your WFU username, or you will not be able to release your jobs. If you are a guest using a vending card, type in the 9 digit number on the front of your card.
- You can release your job from any student printer on campus. Swipe your Deacon OneCard in the black swipe box next to the printer. Your account will appear on the touchpad screen with any print jobs that you have sent. Select the job and then Print.
- Make sure to logout of your account once you are done.
To Install Library Network Printers
If you are using a personal (non university-issued) computer, you will need to load the print drivers onto your device.
For Windows (PC) Users
- Make sure any old library printers are deleted by going to Control Panel>Programs and Features, selecting Pharos, and clicking Uninstall/Change. Run through the uninstall process, making sure to check the box for “popup”. Go to Devices and Printers and select ZSRLIB_BW and ZSRLIB_CLR, right click and select “Remove Device”.
- Download the Windows Printer Driver.
- Run the Windows Printer Driver to install the new printers.
For Mac Users
- Make sure to uninstall any old Pharos installations by going to Computer>Main Drive>Library>Application Support>Pharos>Utilities and run the Uninstaller. Make sure to check the box next to popup.
- Download the Mac Printer Driver.
- Unzip and run the Mac Printer Driver.
- Once the install is finished, go to the App Store and Check for Updates to install the latest printer drivers to your computer.
Windows 8 users may encounter a block saying that “Windows has protected your computer”. Click More Info and you should see a Run Anyway option.