The Z. Smith Reynolds Library
The Z. Smith Reynolds Library, with a collection of over 1.7 million volumes, materials expenditures of almost $4 million, and an operating budget of over $7 million, serves over 4,300 undergraduates and 2,200 graduate and professional students within the Wake Forest Schools of Business and Accountancy, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and the Wake Forest Divinity School.
- Librarians’ Assembly
- Library Lecture Series
- Library Organizational Chart
- Library Publications
- Library Values Statement
- Mission, Vision, & Strategic Plan
- Professional Achievement
- Staff Directory
- Teams & Services
- Reynolds Library opened: 1956 (120,000 sq. feet on 8 levels)
- Wilson Wing opened: 1991 (53,000 sq. feet on 4 levels)
- Print journal subscriptions: 4,500+
- Electronic journal subscriptions: 50,000+
- Electronic database subscriptions: 180+
- Open 138 hours per week, plus 2 all-night study rooms
- Total volumes: Over 1.7 million
- Total materials budget: $3.6 million
- Total operating budget: Over $7 million
- Staff: 52 full-time
- Student employees: 200+/semester
- Circulation: Over 100,000 items circulated each year
About the University
Wake Forest is a private university where academic excellence is consistently recognized through rankings in the top tier of the country’s finest liberal arts institutions. Wake Forest offers a rare combination – the academic and technological resources, facilities and Division I athletic programs associated with a large university with the compact campus, small classes and individual attention only a smaller school can provide.
The University has a deep institutional commitment to public service and engagement with the world, as indicated by the motto “Pro Humanitate.” The University is beautifully located between the western mountains and east coast beaches of North Carolina.
On the Web
Find news and updates in our Library Gazette blog. See also:
2011 ACRL Award
ZSR Library was named the 2011 winner of the ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries award in the university category.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 336-758-4931.