Spaces & Places
Open Study Areas
The following open study spaces in the building have been configured for socially distanced study with individual tables:
- ZSR Library Atrium
- Mandlebaum Study Room (Wilson Wing, 4th Floor)
- Scholars Commons and Ammons Gallery (Reynolds Wing, 4th Floor)
- Room 601 (Reynolds Wing 6th floor)
Individual Study Areas
Many of the individual study spots in the Reynolds Wing floors 5-8 are still available as are spots in the Wilson Wing 1st and 4th floors.
Study Carrels and Study Rooms
ZSR offers different types of study spaces for students, faculty, or staff. Some of these spaces can be reserved while others are made available on a first-come, first-served basis:
- Individual Study Carrels: 50 single-person study carrels are available throughout the library. These are closet sized rooms with a desk and chair. They are single occupancy. Study carrels on Reynolds Wing 4th and 5th floors are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Study carrels on Reynolds Wing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors can be reserved for up to two-hour blocks of time. Each student can make one reservation per day.
- Group Study Rooms: ZSR has several group study rooms that are available to reserve during regular library hours. These have room for 2-6 and are equipped with a smart screen for use with a laptop. They are available for up to two-hour blocks of time and each student can make one reservation per day.
- 24-hour Group Study Rooms: ZSR has 3 study rooms located in the 24-hour portion of the library. These rooms have room for 2-6 and are equipped smart screen for use with a laptop. They are available for reservations 24/7 and are available for up to two-hour blocks of time. Each student can make one reservation per day.
Room Use Policies
- Users in study rooms are expected to abide by the Student Code of Conduct and Student Handbook.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed. We ask that you clean up after yourself and please be considerate of those around you while you eat.
- Please do not leave your belongings unattended. The Library is not responsible for users’ lost property.
- If you need markers, adapters, or chargers, please go to the Library Services Desk.
- If the room has shutters, please do not lower them as it would constitute a fire code violation.
- Please turn off the lights when you leave.
Quiet Study Areas
Levels 6, 7, & 8 are designated for silent study.