Over 56,000 Unique Items
ZSR Library’s Digital Collections provides 24/7 access to over 56,000 unique digitized items within more than 50 online collections. More about ›
Interested in other popular collections? See our Frequently Used Collections ›
- Interviews with and photographs of retired Wake Forest faculty describing life and work on campus.
- Recorded readings by poet and artist A. R. Ammons from ZSR Library's Special Collections.
- Twenty watercolor paintings by American poet, author and Wake Forest University alumni A. R. Ammons.
- Materials include birth and death dates, family information, sermon notes, notes of a student, and a Civil War letter.
- The official journal of the North Carolina Baptist State Convention, reflecting the history of Baptist life and culture in North Carolina since 1834.
- Ephemeral materials related to individuals associated with Wake Forest University and/or Baptist communities of North Carolina.
- Digital reproductions of books held in the Special Collections & Archives of Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University.
- Eight bound scrapbooks in which students and other visitors have written their thoughts and reminiscences about their time at Casa Artom.
- Materials related to the meeting between professor and alumus Charles Lee Smith and Mohandas Gandhi in 1924.
- A collaborative digital project containing items from the Civil War Era (1850-1865). Materials in this collection include letters, diaries, printed broadsides, and songs.
- A periodical of national college news and photography published by the Associated Collegiate Press.
- These Civil War era poetry broadsides. consists of over 250 examples of poems written by Southerners and Confederate sympathizers during the Civil War.
- A collaborative digital project among Forsyth County Public Library, Old Salem Museum and Gardens, C.G. O'Kelly Library, Z. Smith Reynolds Library and Coy C. Carpenter Medical Library.
- This collection includes wood engravings, wood cuts, linocuts, and various metal plates ranging in date from 1902 to 1985, with the bulk of the blocks dating from the mid-1960s to 1985.
- The Cigarette Cards collection consists of cards issued as advertisement for Duke Brothers and Company, Durham, N.C., and packed in Duke's cigarettes.
- George L. Bright was a band member of the 46th Ohio Volunteer Infantry (or 46th OVI), an infantry regiment in the Union Army during the American Civil War.
- Herbert Eugene Valentine served in the Union Army, 23rd Massachusetts Volunteers, Co. F. His manuscript memoirs relate various anecdotes about his army experiences, mostly in Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- This oral history collection (2013-ongoing) consists of audio and video interviews conducted by Z. Smith Reynolds Library's Special Collections & Archives and other university departments and programs.
- Over 100 years of Wake Forest yearbooks available online via DigitalNC.org
- The diaries and sermon notes of Ira W. Thomas, a Baptist minister in northwestern North Carolina.
- This collection includes memoirs of missionary work by printer, author, and Methodist missionary John Wesley Clay from 1924-1930.
- Collection of signatures by famous composers and conductors. The collection includes signed letters, postcards, business cards, photographs, and concert programs.
- A collection of 3 pencil and watercolor images by artists Joseph Severn. These images are noted as being done on his way to Rome with John Keats.
- This collection consists of 27 letters by 7 different Confederate soldiers, telling of their experiences in the Civil War. Includes a poem and unidentified notes.
- Lloyd Winchell Biebigheiser was an architect and designer working during the construction of Wake Forest College’s new Winston-Salem campus. This collection provides a photographic history of nearly every aspect of the Reynolda campus construction.
- A collection of music manuscripts from the collection of famed vaudevillians & performers Max and Gertrude Hoffman.
- Stunning photographs from the collection of Max and Gertrude Hoffman of Vaudeville and many stage performances from 1900-1956.
- A short-run weekly publication focusing on activities of Winston-Salem society. It contains photographs of notable women, book reviews, articles about sporting evenings, social clubs, promotions, and theatrical plays.
- The majority of the N.C. Baptist Church Records contain minutes of meetings, membership lists, and financial records.
- Finding aids and inventories of church records in the Department of Special Collections & Archives.
- Digital copies of Wake Forest University’s Old Gold and Black student newspaper. Issues span from 1916 through 2010.
- A collaborative project regarding religious bodies in North Carolina via the Internet Archive. It includes church histories, periodicals, clergy biographies, cookbooks, event programs, directories, and more.
- On May 25, 1921, the Katharine Smith Reynolds’ Reynolda School produced a dramatic version of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s epic poem The Song of Hiawatha.
- Selected digitized materials from the Ronald Watkins Collection. This collection includes materials from his time at Harrow School for Boys in Middlesex England as well as audio lectures on various Shakespearean plays and topics.
- Scanned images and transcripts of selected material from the Wait collection; digital finding aid for the entire collection.
- These finding aids provide online access to inventories of the archival and manuscript collections in the Special Collections Department. The funding for the majority of these came through an NCECHO LSTA grant.
- StoryCorps came to Winston-Salem in 2009 and 120 of the resulting interviews are included in this collection. Please note that this collections is accessible only when connected to the Wake Forest University campus network.
- 10 years of The Student, the Wake Forest literary magazine, available online via DigitalNC.org
- Digitized catalog cards of The Wake Forest Student, the Wake Forest literary magazine from 1882 to 1995. The title changed to "Three to four ounces" with the Fall 1995 issue.
- Early stage and film actors and actresses, performers, directors, and royalty from the 1880s through the 1930s.
- Selections from Wake Forest's RG11.1: Audio Recordings: Reel to Reels collection.
- This photograph collection covers Wake Forest University’s deep history. It captures images of people, places and events dating back as early as 1881.
- This audio collection includes the many and varied voices of Wake Forest--interviews, oral histories, and presentations from WFU administrators, alumni, staff, students, and faculty, including "Mr. Wake Forest" himself, Dr. Ed Wilson.
- Archive of Wake Forest University websites and WFU-related web properties available online via Archive-It.org
- Photographic images pertaining to people, places and events related to the original Wake Forest campus in Wake Forest, NC.
- Over 100 years of Wake Forest catalogues and bulletins available online via DigitalNC.org
- Over 100 years of Wake Forest commencement programs available online via DigitalNC.org
- Digital copies of Wake Forest University Magazine publications from 1928 to 2018.
- Class project focuses on faculty and staff work experiences.
- This collection consists of some of Cash's writings, including the Mind of the South in typescript, articles, review clippings, business, and personal correspondence of W.J. Cash and his wife Mary, photographs, and ephemera.
- This collection includes materials from soldiers in the war. It includes a songbook, a journal, uniform materials, and research pertaining to U.S. military personnel.
Search Our Collections
- The Casket Story and the Bond Story Ronald Watkins Collection
- Booloo Max and Gertrude Hoffmann Music Manuscript Collection
- Intramural Basketball (Men's) University Archives Photograph Collection
- Acrostic Confederate Broadsides
Based on usage data from September 2017 through December 2017
- Delta Sigma Pi business fraternity carnival table Black and white photograph shows a night image of a stand and people...
- Sigma Chi Fraternity parties and other activities Black and white photograph shows a woman kissing a man in a room....
- Sigma Chi Fraternity parties and other activities Black and white photograph shows a group portrait of people sitting on the...
- See more recent additions ›
From Our Blog
- Redesign of Digital Collections Homepage 4 months ago
- Digitizing the Baptist Church and Association Files Collection 6 months ago
- Browsing the University Archives Photograph Collection 8 months ago
- Duke Tobacco Company Cigarette Cards added to Deeply Rooted 1 year ago
- Read more in our blog ›