See Your Checkouts & Renew Materials Online
- Log in to your library account using your WFU username and password
- The items you currently have checked out from ZSR Library will be listed
- To renew items, select the checkbox next to each item you wish to renew
- Click the applicable ‘Renew’ button
- Note the new due date or the fact that the item has not been renewed
If you have any questions, please contact the Library Services Desk.
- Items may be renewed for one circulation period. See Checkout Terms & Limits for more information.
- The next due date will be determined by the date of renewal, not the original due date. For example, if a book with a loan period of one month is due March 22 and it is renewed on March 15, the next due date is April 15, not April 22.
- Items may be renewed one time only. Items must be brought to the library to be checked in and then checked out again to continue borrowing.
- If another patron has placed a hold on an item, renewal (online or in person) will not be allowed.
Place Holds Online
- Go to the library catalog
- Open the record page for the item you wish to place a hold on
- In the Holdings tab, click the item status button and choose ‘Hold for pickup’
- Log in using your WFU username and password
- Add any comments and check the required date
- Click ‘Submit Request’
To check the status of your holds, see Holds & Recalls in your library account.
- Holds may be placed on items in the circulating Main Stacks, Media Collection, and Browsing locations.
- Patrons will be notified when the materials they have requested are available.
- They can pick up these materials at the Library Services Desk.
- If a desired title is not checked out but cannot be located in the stacks, patrons are encouraged to come to the Library Services Desk to report it and let the staff help look for it.
- Unlike holds, recalls reassign a new due date and notify the patron who currently has the book that it is now due in two weeks.
- When a recall is placed on an item that is overdue or is needed for Reserve, the current patron is notified that the book must be returned immediately.
- All patrons, faculty included, are expected to respond to recalls.
- Non-college patrons cannot place recalls.
Return Materials When the Library is Closed
Books may be returned to the outside book drop when the library is closed. Books will be recorded as checked in when the library is next open.