Craig Fansler is Preservation Librarian at ZSR Library of Wake Forest University. He holds an MLIS from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, a Master of Science in Management from Troy University and a Bachelor of Arts in Art History from East Carolina University. Craig has restored books and built protective enclosures for archival materials for 17 years. He is currently involved professionally with the Society of American Archivists and the North Carolina Preservation Consortium. Craig frequently teaches book repair workshops across North Carolina.
- Fansler, Craig. (2014). The Dolmen Press Collection: One Collection, Many Uses. Archival Outlook, (Nov./Dec. 2014), 10 and 26. #
- Petersen, Rebecca, Gilbertson, Kevin, & Fansler, Craig. (2014). The Missing Link: Observations on the Evolution of a Web Archive. Journal of the Society of North Carolina Archivists, 11(1).
- Daugman, Ellen, & Fansler, Craig. (2014). Developing a Continuity of Operations Plan. North Carolina Libraries, 71(2), 18-26. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2013). Understanding Your Research Needs. Research Like a Librarian: Accessing Information in the 21st Century. Wake Forest Digital Publishing: wakExpress: Winston-Salem,NC. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2012). The Repair of Large-Scale Theater Posters. Archival Product News, 17(3), 6-8. #
- Fansler, Craig. (2015, March). Preserving Forsyth's Past. "Removing Barriers: Outreach & Diversity in Action", Greenville, NC.
- Fansler, Craig. (2014, April). The Dolmen Press: One Collection, Many Uses. Connect, Create, and Celebrate: Archives in the 21st Century., Raleigh, NC.
- Fansler, Craig, & Petersen, Rebecca. (2013, October). Clarence Herbert New: A Man of Extremes. Prepared in Mind and Resources: Collaboration, Relevance, and the Re-Imagined Archives, Furman University, Greenville, SC.
- Fansler, Craig, & Petersen, Rebecca. (2013, August). Clarence Herbert New: A Man of Extremes. Archives 2013, New Orleans, LA.
- Fansler, Craig, & Yun, Audra. (2011, May). Inside the Box: Incorporating Archival Material into Undergraduate Information Literacy Instruction. University of North Carolina Library Asociation (LAUNCH) Research Forum, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Board, Member at Large. (March 21, 2012 - March 2013).
- Society of American Archivists Preservation Section Steering Committee, Member. (February 2011 - Present).
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Archives Week Committee, Member. (January 1, 2011 - Present).
Note: Above is a selection of Craig’s professional activity.
Professional Development Blog
- Special Collections Folio Project, January 2015
- Book Repair Workshop @ Charlotte Public Library, December 2014
- 2014 Archives-Records: Ensuring Access COSA-NAGARA-SAA Joint Meeting, August 2014
- SNCA Conference in Raleigh, April 2014
- Society of North Carolina Archivists Exhibits Workshop, April 2014
Here @ ZSR
- ZSR Painting Exhibition, June 2015
- Preservation Week 2015, April 2015
- Preserving Indentures from the Dalton Family Papers, April 2015
- Release: From Stigma to Acceptance – Library Exhibit and Panels, March 2015
- Repairing Shakespeare with a “tacket”, March 2015
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory