Instruction & Outreach Librarian
Hu Womack is an Outreach and Instruction Librarian in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. He graduated from Wake Forest University in 1990 with a BA in English and Studio Art. Giz received his MBA from the Babcock School at Wake Forest in 2000 and completed his LIS degree from UNC-Greensboro in 2008. He currently serves as a member of Research, Instruction and Technology Services team, offering both bibliographic instruction and technology workshops to faculty and students. He is also the liaison for the Sociology department and serves on the Freshman Orientation and Advising Committee and the Professional Development Advisory Council.
- Johnston, Lucas, Collins, Bobbie, Boyle, Anne, & Womack, Hubert. (2012). Looking at Sustainability Through a Different LENS. Sustainability: The Journal of Record, 5(4), 244-247.
- Womack, Hubert. (2011). "Game 43: The Bibliography Tournament.". Let the games beginâ€¯: engaging students with field-tested interactive information literacy instruction. Neal-Schuman Publishers: New York.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Womack, Hubert, Smith, Susan, Consiglio, David, Vine, Scott, & Petruzzelli, Barbara. (2012, June). Reference Resurrected: Models for the 21st-Century College Library. American Library Association Annual Conference and Exhibition, Anaheim, CA.
- Smith, Susan, & Womack, Hubert. (2010, May). Preserving a County's Past: Cross-Institutional Collaboration to Archive a Community's History. LAUNC-CH Research Forum, Sonja Haynes Stone Center, UNC Chapel Hill.
Below are a few recent posts by Hu from the ZSR Professional Development blog.
- Huâ€™s ALA 2013 Wrap-up (July 2013)
- Huâ€™s ALA 2013 (Itâ€™s all about LITA) (June 2013)
- NCBIG Camp 2013 (May 2013)
- ACRL: Assessment, THATCamp, and serving your LGBTQ community (April 2013)
- ACRL: Off the beaten path (April 2013)
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory