This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report an issue.
The following databases have recently been added. Please take a look and consider how you and your students might put them to use.
- SAGE Publications e-journal package: Through a recently negotiated arrangement, the library now provides online access to over 600 journals from SAGE Publications. Their journals cover a variety of topics, with particular emphasis on the social sciences.
- Smithsonian Global Sound: Streaming music collection of recordings owned by the Smithsonian Folkways Recordings label and other archival audio collections.
- Vanderbilt Television News Archive: This database, compiled and maintained at Vanderbilt University, contains an index of nightly television news broadcasts of the major networks from 1968 to the present. It also includes streaming video of some broadcasts.
- World Scholar: Latin America & the Caribbean: This “portal”-type database links the user to a wide variety of sources – primary-source documents, reference articles, academic journal articles, statistical information, and multimedia – in a topic-based approach to Latin America.
- AccessScience: This general science reference database includes encyclopedia articles, biographies, multimedia, etc.
- Archives Unbound: As described in the fall 2012 ZSR newsletter, “Archives Unbound” are small, targeted collections of primary-source documents. Two new Southern Studies collections were recently added:
- Mass Observation Online: This primary-source collection includes diaries, personal writings and other documents collected from ordinary people in Britain during the WWII era.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry & Physics
- Counseling and Therapy in Video: ZSR originally purchased this video collection of counseling techniques in June 2011. The library recently purchased a set of over 200 additional videos, increasing the total collection size to 801.
- Répertoire International des Sources Musicales (RISM) Series A/II: Catalog of music manuscripts stored in libraries and archives around the world.
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae: Previously available at Wake Forest on CD-ROM at specific library workstations, this database of ancient Greek texts is now available online for WFU users.
- Inorganic Crystal Structure Database
Medical Library Databases
The Coy C. Carpenter Library recently canceled its subscription to the DynaMed database and replaced it with the medical database Up To Date.