Steve Kelley is the Head of Continuing Resources and Database Management and leads a section that includes three staff members. The section is responsible for serials cataloging, serials receipt, binding and marking materials, authority control, and catalog database maintenance. Steve earned his MLS from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1998 and his BA (history, with a Russian minor) from Washington University in St. Louis in 1991. He began working at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library in 2002. Steve was a cataloging librarian at Ball State University from 1999 to 2002. Steve’s professional achievements include being elected in 2013 to a three-year term as Vice President/President/Past President of NASIG (an international organization of librarians, publishers and vendors in the field of serials and continuing resources).
- Kelley, Steve. (2015). Some Advice for Implementing RDA in Your Library. Technicalities, 35(6), 15-18.
- Kelley, Steve. (2015). NASIG at 30: New Initiatives, New Directions. Serials Review, 41(3), 143-145.
- Kelley, Steve. (2015). Serials: What's In a Name?. Technicalities, 35(3), 12-15.
- Kelley, Steve. (2015). President's Corner. NASIG Newsletter, 30(2), 1-2.
- Kelley, Steve. (2015). President's Corner. NASIG Newsletter, 30(1), 1-2.
- Kelley, Steve. (2015). Subject Access to Information: An Interdisciplinary Approach. Koraljka Golub. Technical Services Quarterly, 32(4), 461-463.
- Kelley, Steve. (2014). Kincy, Chamya Pompey, with Sara Shatford Layne. Making the Move to RDA: A Self Study Primer for Catalogers. Technicalities, 34(5), 19-21.
- NASIG, Past President. (May 31, 2015 - Present).
- North American Serials Interest Group, President. (May 4, 2014 - May 2015).
- North American Serials Interest Group, Vice President/President-Elect. (June 9, 2013 - May 2014).
- ALCTS Edward Swanson Memorial Best of LRTS Award Jury, Member of Award Jury. (July 1, 2012 - June 2013).
- ALCTS Continuing Resources Section: Continuing Resources Cataloging Committee, Member of Committee. (July 1, 2012 - Present).
Note: Above is a selection of Steve’s professional activity.
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory