This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Contact email@example.com to report an issue.
On April 10th about 2:30 pm, Heather Gillette was told by a student that water was leaking on some books on Wilson 6. She called Kristen Morgan, who notified the Disaster Team. Fortunately, only about 25 books were affected. A gasket failed between two metal parts which saturated the ceiling tile as water leaked. as Heather approached the leak, a soaked ceiling tile fell on the floor and shattered. A number of library staff responded to help. The shelves were covered with plastic sheets and the pieces of tile were cleaned up. Facilities Management responded quickly to repair the damaged part. A close call!