This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report an issue.
Finding aids for collections from the Department of Special Collections & Archives are now fully search- and browse-able through a new interface!
Check out zsr.wfu.edu/findingaids to see features including:
- A look and feel like the ZSR website
- Fully searchable contents, including container lists
- Browse by keyword and title
- Collection summary at the top of each finding aid
- Linked finding aid sections
- Linked keyword index
- Expand/collapse container lists
- Complete box and folder information
Kevin Gilbertson pushed the limits of the traditional finding aid by incorporating his sense of design and prioritizing user needs, creating a new interface for the finding aids on Dspace with XMLUI (the rest of our collections currently use JSPUI). Kevin’s creativity and willingness to understand the priorities of archival description helped him use XML to develop a finding aid interface that is one of a kind.
We invite you to experiment with the search, browse, and container list features. The search box is also featured on the Special Collections & Archives homepage. We are so proud to create greater access to the outstanding archival resources of ZSR!