This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report an issue.
In the afternoon we broke up into 8 groups and brainstormed blue sky elements. Some of the key ideas that came out of the discussion were:
- Decide what OLE is about – being an inventory system or adiscovery on teh web system
- Powerful, automatable staff clients
- Web localization – be a point of need service center, federated discovery
- Distributed data model, self-documenting version control
- Universal workflow ticketing module, dynamically configurable
- Complex reporting, data manipulation, audit trail, rollback
- License tracking and interpretation needs
- ERMS in the ILS – format agnosticism with sophisticated functionality
- Built-in OpenURL resolver
- Need to better track relationships between entities (multiple hierarchies, complex business relationships)
- The ILS as linked data
- Should a new ILS have descriptive data in it?
- Mesh with interoperable industry data standards
- What impact do international users have on system design (Unicode)
- Universal proxy control –
- A re-examination of the core functionality that should be included in the next gen system and what should not be included.
- A service management system that extends beyond the immediate functional needs of the ils