For WFU Faculty and Students
The Z. Smith Reynolds Library offers many services and resources that extend beyond the reach of our campus. If you are abroad, ZSR is ready, as always, to help you with your research.
- Ask a Librarian
- Course Reserves
- Find Books & More
- Find a Database
- Find a Journal
- Interlibrary Loan
- Off-Campus Access
- How do I access electronic databases and e-reserves from abroad?
- If you are using your WFU ThinkPad, ZSR recommends using VPN. If you are unable to use VPN, when you attempt to access ZSR resources from abroad, you will be prompted for your WFU login and password. See the proxy instructions.
- What items can I get through ILL/Document Delivery while I’m abroad?
- Students and faculty abroad can place ILL requests for magazine, newspaper, and journal articles and book chapters (not entire books) using the ILL request form. Requests can include materials housed in the ZSR library. PDFs of these items will be delivered electronically to your ILL account. Please be sure to indicate (in the notes field) on the request form that you are abroad.
- Who do I contact if I have technical problems with my laptop or internet access?
- If you have computing questions, please contact the Help Desk. Additionally, Information Systems provides a Guide to Computing Abroad that may assist in answering your questions.
Before You Leave
To avoid having overdue items and account blocks, turn in all your library materials and check your account before you leave campus!
Interlibrary Loan will accept requests from abroad for journal articles, magazine articles, and book chapters only. They will be scanned and sent to you electronically.
Can’t to find the answer to your question? Ask a Librarian.