Library Auditorium (Room 404)
Used for movie showings (with public performance rights), lectures, symposia. The library auditorium has 118 seats and is fully accessible. Region-free DVD and BluRay player equipped, LCD projector, Ethernet, phone, standard classroom control system. VCR available for use if requested.
- Available to Wake Forest University staff, faculty, and chartered student groups. May be booked within 1 year of the event.
- Library Auditorium Reservation Request. Email response will be sent within 24 hours or the next business day and will act as confirmation that your request was granted.
- Cannot be used as regular classroom meeting space. No library facility may be used for commercial/sales events. No admission may be charged. Other restrictions apply. See also Library Auditorium.
Video Conferencing Room (Room 204)
Used for video conferencing, technology instruction, and presentations requiring technology. Room 204 seats 34 for lecture, 18 for video conferencing. Fully accessible. Video conferencing equipment installed.
- Available to Wake Forest University staff and faculty. May be booked within 1 year of the event.
- Room 204 Reservation Request. Email confirmation sent within 24 hours or the next business day will be evidence that your request was granted.
- Cannot be used as regular classroom meeting space. No food or drink is allowed in this room. No library facility may be used for commercial/sales events. No admission may be charged. Other restrictions apply.
General Meeting Rooms
Used as meeting space for campus offices and groups. Rooms 203A, 203B, and 232 have seating for 8 and Smartboards.
- Available to Wake Forest University staff or faculty who would like to utilize the library’s study rooms, during the hours of 8am to 3pm Monday-Friday
- WFU staff or faculty, within 5 days of the event and for a two hour meeting or less, can log on using our online study room reservation system. If you would like to reserve a room for an event that will be held more than 5 days in the future or will be longer than 2 hours in duration, please contact the Circulation Desk or call x4931 (336.758.4931).
- Cannot be used as regular classroom meeting space. Other restrictions apply.
Notes and Restrictions
- No Regular Classroom Meeting Space: Rooms are not available for extended scheduling or for regularly repeating class sessions. Rooms may be requested by instructors on occasion to support a special class need, i.e. larger lecture space or access to multimedia equipment.
- Noise: Since library users are studying throughout the building, we reserve the right to refuse any request based on our impression of the likely noise level expected from the event.
- Monetary Gain: No library facility may be used for commercial/sales events or by for-profit organizations. No admission fee may be charged, nor donation requested for any activity taking place in the libraries.
- One Contact: A single contact person must be identified for events, and only that contact person may request changes to the event. Student groups who wish to use rooms must be chartered on campus, and only officers of the group may request the room.
- Movie Showing: No film or video may be shown in the Library without proof of public performance rights, except where shown in conjunction with a Wake Forest class, and in compliance with copyright laws. Contact Swank Motion Pictures, Inc for information on licensing a film for campus use. Written notice of performance rights must be presented at least one business day in advance of performance or the performance will be canceled.
- Equipment: Equipment for all events is limited to what is installed in the rooms. Orientation to equipment can be given in advance of the event. There are instructions posted in the rooms. Technical assistance will not be available during the event unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Fees: Fees for after-hours assistance will be assessed at $30 per hour. What is "after hours" is dependent on the schedule of the library. After 7pm on Friday and Saturday evening and before 10am Saturday and Sunday morning are always considered "after hours."
- Food: Food is allowed in all rooms EXCEPT the Videoconferencing Room, but users must be careful to keep the rooms clean. (See "cleaning" below.)
- Cleaning: Rooms shall be left in the way they were found. A $50 cleaning fee will be assessed of any group found to have left the room in any condition other than how they found it.
- Decorations: Decorations are permitted, provided they are freestanding and not attached to walls, floors, ceilings, windows, blinds, rods, light fixtures, or any other part of the building, furniture or equipment. Furnishings shall not be removed or added to any room without the Library’s knowledge and participation.
- Greeters/Signage: It is the responsibility of the event contact to arrange for greeters or signage to direct people to the appropriate room. This is especially important for events that are scheduled outside of normal library operating hours.
- Security: It is the responsibility of the event coordinator to insure that doors to the room are closed and locked and the premises are secure when the event has concluded.