ZSR Library is pleased to announce that we now provide institutional access to the New York Times Online free of charge to all WFU faculty, staff, and students.
NYTimes.com has been one of the most frequently-requested resources by members of the WFU community. This year, we were able to take advantage of a timely deal from the library consortium LYRASIS to make it happen! Access to NYTimes.com complements our existing database access to the Historical New York Times and the electronic version of the print editions, as well as our existing site-wide access to the Wall Street Journal, The Economist, and The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Our institutional subscription to NYTimes.com includes:
- Archives (dating back to 1851) timesmachine.nytimes.com/browser
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality – found in the App; NYT stories told through enhanced technology
- Daily 360 content – two dimensional, 360° views (with mobile device or using a mouse)
- Podcasts (including The “Daily” podcast)
- All multimedia, including video, photography, VR features, and new multimedia to come.
- Newsletters (there are a variety of topics that you may subscribe to)
- Spanish and Mandarin Chinese versions of NYTimes.com.
- Access to the NYT Education resource website, nytimes.com/edu (To gain entry to the Education site (whether faculty, staff, or student), simply complete a quick, one-time registration here. Be sure to use your @edu email address.)
Please be aware that our subscription does not include e-reader editions, NYT Cooking, or New York Times Games (including the NYT Crossword). Those require a separate subscription.
How to Sign Up for NYT Access through WFU
If you do not already have a NYTimes.com account using your wfu.edu address:
If you already have an existing NYT account using your WFU email address, you’ll need to follow one of these steps before using the link above to activate your access through WFU.
- EXISTING registered subscribers with ACTIVE PAID subscriptions need to cancel their personal subscription by calling 800-698-4637 or chat with an agent on the site. You will see an “Access Unavailable” notice if you try to sign up without cancelling your existing subscription. NYT recommends waiting 24 hours after cancelling before trying to activate your access through WFU.
- EXISTING registered subscribers that DO NOT HAVE ACTIVE PAID NYT subscription can visit accessnyt.com and click on “Already have an account “Log In”. Input their wfu.edu email address and the same “Password” created for their previous account. If the subscriber encounters an error message that subscriber can email with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.