ZSR now has access to the Swank Top 1000 collection from Swank Digital Campus. This resource provides access to the most-requested films in Swank’s collection of over 25,000 feature films, documentaries and foreign films from the largest movie studios, including Walt Disney, Warner Bros., Paramount, NBCUniversal, Columbia Pictures, Lions Gate, MGM, Miramax and many more. The titles in the Top 1000 collection reflect a wide range of topics and academic disciplines and are available for use in research and teaching. Swank 1000 supplements our existing streaming video collections, including Kanopy, Films on Demand, and Filmmakers Library Online.
- How do I find out what films are included in the Swank Top 1000?
- View the full collection here. You will need to create a free Swank account to search the collection or browse by genre. You can also see the list here. The films are also discoverable in the ZSR Library catalog.
- Can I use these films in my classes? What about outside of class?
- You can assign these films in your courses, provide direct links to them in Canvas, and show them in a class setting (virtual or in-person), but the films in this collection do not have public performance rights.
- How often do the films in the collection change?
- Once per year, in early January.
- How do I request a film that isn’t included in the Top 1000 collection?
- Once you create a free Swank account, you can use the title request feature to request a film (this feature is only available to faculty). You can also contact your liaison or Jeff Eller (email@example.com). Requested films should directly support research and teaching.
2 Comments on ‘New Streaming Film Service Available through ZSR: Swank Top 1000’
Happy to have this expansive addition to our streaming media collection!
Thanks for sharing this news! What a great addition to our services!