Carol’s subject areas include: Classics; Linguistics; World Languages & Literature; Medieval & Early Modern Studies; Russian & East European Studies
Book a Research Session
Carol Joyner Cramer has worked at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library since 1999. She is currently Head of Collection Management. Before tackling Collection Management, she worked in Reference and as an Electronic Resources Librarian. She has also taught a credit-bearing Information Literacy course to undergraduates. She has a BA in Comparative Area Studies from Duke University and an MSLS from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
- Cramer, Carol. (2018). Being Earnest with Collections - What Happens After Short-Term Loan Withdrawal?. Against the Grain, 30(1), 63-64. #
- Cramer, Carol. (2016). Alternatives to Demand-Driven Acquisition: An Exploration of Opportunity Costs. Against the Grain, 28(2), 20-23. #
- Cramer, Carol. (2013). All About Demand-Driven Acquisition. The Serials Librarian, 65(1), 87-97. #
- Cramer, Carol. (2019, November). What We Can Learn from the Big Deal that Never Was (Stopwatch Session). Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
- Cramer, Carol, Davis, Hilary, Mohanty, Suchi, & Whittenberger, Lynn. (2018, November). Popular Reading Collections in Academic Libraries - A Panel Discussion on Goals, Parameters, and Campus Reactions. Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC. #
- Cramer, Carol. (2017, November). A Tempest in a Teapot? Comparing Same-Publisher Sales Before and After DDA Withdrawal (Shotgun Session). Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
- Cramer, Carol. (2016, May). If DDA is Dead, then Long Live...What?: An Exploration of DDA Alternatives. NCICU Purchasing Committee Annual Meeting, Salem College, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Cramer, Carol, Sandler, Mark, Metz-Wiseman, Monica, Paulson, Kari, Lugg, Rick, & Jarvis, Alan. (2015, November). The Changing Academic Book Market Landscape: What's Next?. Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
Committees & Offices Held
- UNC University Library Advisory Council, Ex-Officio Member, Shared Electronic Content and Efficiencies Working Group. (October 2021 - Present).
- Carolina Consortium, Member, Advisory Group. (June 2021 - Present).
- NC LIVE, Member, Resource Advisory Committee. (June 2013 - June 2019).
- North Carolina Library Association, Member, Planning Committee for 2013 Conference. (October 2012 - October 2013).
- North Carolina Library Association, Member, Planning Committee for 2011 Conference. (October 2010 - October 2011).
Here @ ZSR
- Database News
- Database News
- Why So Many E-books?
- Books for Young Readers: The Joseph O. Milner Collection of Children’s Literature
- Database News, May 2015