Carol Joyner Cramer has worked at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library since 1999. She is currently Head of Collection Management. Before tackling Collection Management, she worked in Reference and as an Electronic Resources Librarian. She has also taught a credit-bearing Information Literacy course to undergraduates. She has a BA in Comparative Area Studies from Duke University and an MSLS from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
- Cramer, Carol. (2016). Alternatives to Demand-Driven Acquisition: An Exploration of Opportunity Costs. Against the Grain, 28(2), 20-23. #
- Cramer, Carol. (2013). All About Demand-Driven Acquisition. The Serials Librarian, 65(1), 87-97. #
- Cramer, Carol. (2017, November). A Tempest in a Teapot? Comparing Same-Publisher Sales Before and After DDA Withdrawal (Shotgun Session). Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
- Cramer, Carol. (2016, May). If DDA is Dead, then Long Live...What?: An Exploration of DDA Alternatives. NCICU Purchasing Committee Annual Meeting, Salem College, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Cramer, Carol, Sandler, Mark, Metz-Wiseman, Monica, Paulson, Kari, Lugg, Rick, & Jarvis, Alan. (2015, November). The Changing Academic Book Market Landscape: What's Next?. Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
- Collins, Dave, Barbosa-Jerez, Mary, & Cramer, Carol. (2015, July). Weed it and Reap: Successful Strategies for Re-shaping Collections. ACRL Webcast, Webinar.
- Collins, Dave, Barbosa-Jerez, Mary, & Cramer, Carol. (2015, March). Weed it and Reap: Successful Strategies for Re-shaping Collections. ACRL 2015, Portland, OR. #
Committees & Offices Held
- NC LIVE, Member, Resource Advisory Committee. (June 2013 - June 2019).
- North Carolina Library Association, Member, Planning Committee for 2013 Conference. (October 2012 - October 2013).
- North Carolina Library Association, Member, Planning Committee for 2011 Conference. (October 2010 - October 2011).
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries, Member, Collaborative Journal Retention Program Steering Committee. (July 2010 - December 2015).
- North Carolina Library Association, Chair, Finance Committee. (January 2010 - December 2013).
Note: Above is a selection of Carol’s professional activity.
- Carol in Charleston 2017, November 2017
- May Meeting Musings, June 2017
- Carol at Charleston Conference 2016, November 2016
Here @ ZSR
- Database News, January 2016