ZSR added several new database subscriptions during the fall semester:
- TAIR (The Arabidopsis Information Resource) provides genetic and molecular biology data for the model higher plant Arabidopsis thaliana.
- JoVE Essentials of Neuroscience and JoVE Essentials of Behavioral Science teach laboratory fundamentals through easy-to-understand video demonstrations.
- WFU also now has access to the full archive of Chemical & Engineering News, from 1923 to the last calendar year (currently runs through December 2014).
- Understanding Shakespeare, a new (and free) website developed by JSTOR in collaboration with the Folger Shakespeare Library, allows researchers to easily find JSTOR articles that cite a given line from Shakespeare’s plays.
- The Classics module was added to Oxford Bibliographies Online. Oxford Bibliographies are authoritative, scholar-developed research guides.
- Fold3 contains historical U.S. military records, and includes stories, photos and personal documents of the men and women who served.
- The State Stats database provides data on popular topics of research interest (e.g. crime, economy, energy, health), drawn from over 80 government and non-government sources.
- The Voting & Elections database from CQ Press contains in-depth data about U.S. presidential, congressional and gubernatorial elections.
- ZSR also added data from 1970 to 2012 to its subscription to Statistical Abstract of the United States.
Databases on the move
These databases have moved to new websites. Please check your bookmarks.