Thomas Dowling has served as the Director of Technologies in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library since April, 2012. He received his Bachelor of Music (1985) and Master of Library and Information Studies (1988) from the University of Michigan. A librarian and technologist for over 25 years, and a web developer since 1993, he has worked with user experience design for library services, research databases, and online delivery of journals, books, and theses. He won a 2009 Leadership Award from NDLTD for his work with electronic theses and dissertations, and was elected president of the Library and Information Technology Association for 2015/2016. He oversees the Library's computing and web development efforts, and also serves as the liaison to Computer Science.
- Dowling, Thomas. (2013, July). OATD.org: Discovery for Open Access Theses and Dissertations. USETDA 2013, Claremont, California.
Committees & Offices Held
- Library and Information Technology Association, Vice President/President-Elect. (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015).
- American Library Association - Library and Information Technology Association, Chair, Publications Committee. (July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2014).
- Alma/Primo Migration Update, Feb. 28, February 2020
- TPD @ CNI, January 2020
- Alma/Primo Dates, November 2019
- Alma Update October 28, October 2019
- Alma/Primo Migration: The October Update, October 2019