Thomas Dowling has served as the Director of Technologies in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library since April, 2012. He received his Bachelor of Music (1985) and Master of Library and Information Studies (1988) from the University of Michigan. A librarian and technologist for over 25 years, and a web developer since 1993, he has worked with user experience design for library services, research databases, and online delivery of journals, books, and theses. He won a 2009 Leadership Award from NDLTD for his work with electronic theses and dissertations, and was elected president of the Library and Information Technology Association for 2015/2016. He oversees the Library's computing and web development efforts, and also serves as the liaison to Computer Science.
- Dowling, Thomas. (2013, July). OATD.org: Discovery for Open Access Theses and Dissertations. USETDA 2013, Claremont, California.
Committees & Offices Held
- Library and Information Technology Association, Vice President/President-Elect. (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015).
- American Library Association - Library and Information Technology Association, Chair, Publications Committee. (July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2014).
- Alma/Primo Migration: The October Update, October 2019
- Alma Migration Kickoff, September 2019
- Save the Date – 7/22/2020: Big Retirement Party (for Voyager!), July 2019
- Thomas @ ALA Annual 2019, June 2019
- Thomas @ LITA Forum 2018. Oh, It Was Plenty Warm Inside., November 2018
Here @ ZSR
- Why We’re Dropping Google Analytics, June 2019