New & Enhanced Databases
- The Chronicle of Higher Education now allows domain access. You can create an account and password with your WFU or WakeHealth email address and bypass proxy or VPN authentication.
- Ancestry.com has billions of records of census data, vital records, directories, photos and more. It replaces Fold3.
- Dictionary of Old English A-G defines the vocabulary of the first six centuries (C.E. 600-1150) of the English language.
- Dictionary of Old English Web Corpus contains at least one copy of every surviving Old English text.
- JoVE Medicine features videos of medical procedures, case studies and clinical trial methodologies.
- Chicago Manual of Style includes the full contents of the 16th and 15th editions.
- China Academic Journals from CNKI: ZSR subscribes to Series F, which covers literature, history and philosophy.
- Four additional newspaper backfiles have been added to ProQuest Historical Newspapers: the Christian Science Monitor, New York Amsterdam News, Pittsburgh Courier and the Washington Post.
- Routledge Handbooks contains overviews of research and trends in the Social Sciences and Humanities. WFU access includes these subject collections: Asian Studies; Communication, Journalism, Media & Culture; Environment & Sustainability; Law; Philosophy; Politics; Religion; Security Studies; and Sociology.
- Sage Psychology Backfile Collection covers 65 journals back to volume one, issue one (where available). The individual titles are listed in Find a Journal.
- ZSR recently extended its Web of Science coverage back to 1945.
- Clase Periodica
- Fold3 (replaced by Ancestry.com)
- Psychology Digital Library
Databases on the Move
Many databases have changed platforms or changed names. Please update your bookmarks!