Amanda Kaufman is an Instruction Librarian at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library, Wake Forest University. She serves as an instructor for the library’s introductory information literacy course, LIB 100: Accessing Information in the 21st Century. Amanda graduated from Kansas State University in 2009 with a BA in English. She received a master’s degree in library science from UNC-Chapel Hill in 2012.
- Heady, Christina, Fyn, Amy, Kaufman, Amanda, & Webber, Millicent. (2020). Contributory Factors to Academic Librarian Turnover: A Mixed-Methods Study. Journal of Library Administration, 60(6), 579-599. #
- Fyn, Amy, Heady, Christina, Kaufman, Amanda, & Hosier, Allison. (2019). Why We Leave: Exploring Academic Librarian Turnover and Retention Strategies. ACRL Conference Proceedings 2019, 139-148. #
- Kaufman, Amanda. (2019). Wikipedia-Based Assignments and Critical Information Literacy: A Case Study. Critical Approaches to Credit-Bearing Information Literacy Courses. Association of College and Research Libraries: Chicago, IL.
- Foster, Amanda. (2017). "Top Secret Recipes: Internet Search Hacks Every Student Researcher Should Know". The First Year Experience Library Cookbook. ACRL Publications.
- Foster, Amanda, Denlinger, Kyle, Krstevska, Summer, & Womack, Hubert. (2019, October). Watch this Space: Emerging Trends in Credit Bearing Information Literacy Courses. North Carolina Library Association 63rd Biennial Conference, October 2019, Winston Salem.
- Fyn, Amy, Heady, Christina, Kaufman, Amanda, & Hosier, Allison. (2019, April). Why We Leave: Exploring Academic Librarian Turnover and Retention Strategies. ACRL 2019, Cleveland, OH.
- Angela, Pashia, Critten, Jessica, Burkholder, Joel, Foasberg, Nancy, Kaufman, Amanda, & Ivory, CJ. (2019, April). Critical Approaches to Credit-Bearing Information Literacy Courses. ACRL 2019, Cleveland, OH.
- Kaufman, Amanda. (2018, May). Using Wikipedia as a Lens to Explore Critical Information Literacy in Library Credit Courses. LOEX 2018, Houston, TX. #
- Womack, Hubert, Webb, Meghan, & Kaufman, Amanda. (2017, October). Writers in the Library. NCLA 62nd Biennial Conference, Winston Salem, NC. #
Note: Above is a selection of Amanda’s professional activity.