Hu Womack is an Outreach and Instruction Librarian in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. He graduated from Wake Forest University in 1990 with a BA in English and Studio Art. Hu received his MBA from the Babcock School at Wake Forest in 2000 and completed his LIS degree from UNC-Greensboro in 2008. He currently serves as a member of Research, Instruction and Technology Services team, offering both research instruction and technology workshops to faculty and students. He is also the liaison for both Sociology and Communication and serves on the Freshman Orientation and Advising Committee. Additionally, Hu is one of eighteen faculty fellows assigned to the first-year residence halls.
- Womack, Hubert, Smith, Susan, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2015). Large-Scale, Live-Action Gaming Events in Academic Libraries: How and Why. C&RL News, 76(4), 210-214. #
- Johnston, Lucas, Collins, Bobbie, Boyle, Anne, & Womack, Hubert. (2012). Looking at Sustainability Through a Different LENS. Sustainability: The Journal of Record, 5(4), 244-247.
- Womack, Hubert. (2011). "Game 43: The Bibliography Tournament.". Let the games beginâ€¯: engaging students with field-tested interactive information literacy instruction. Neal-Schuman Publishers: New York.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Womack, Hubert. (2013, December). Lightning Talk: Incorporating Kindles into a Class for Social Science Majors. NC-LITe (Library Instruction and Instructional Technology) Winter Meeting, Wake Forest University.
- Womack, Hubert, Smith, Susan, Consiglio, David, Vine, Scott, & Petruzzelli, Barbara. (2012, June). Reference Resurrected: Models for the 21st-Century College Library. American Library Association Annual Conference and Exhibition, Anaheim, CA.
- Smith, Susan, & Womack, Hubert. (2010, May). Preserving a County's Past: Cross-Institutional Collaboration to Archive a Community's History. LAUNC-CH Research Forum, Sonja Haynes Stone Center, UNC Chapel Hill.
- American Library Assocition Library Information Technology Association Top Tech Trends Committee, Member. (October 1, 2012 - July 2014).
- American Library Assocition Library Information Technology Association Planning Committee, Member. (July 1, 2010 - July 2012).
Professional Development Blog
- Hu and the First-Year Experience Conference 2015 in Dallas, February 2015
- Embedded Librarians and the LENS Program, July 2014
- Huâ€™s Wrap-Up of ALA 2014, July 2014
- ALA 2014 according to Huâ€¦.(I canâ€™t think of a catchy title for this.), June 2014
- Huâ€™s ALA 2013 Wrap-up, July 2013
Here @ ZSR
- ZSR 101: An Introduction to the Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University, June 2015
- A Tipping Point for HvZ!, February 2015
- What The Heck Does An Outreach Librarian Do?, January 2015
- Cool New Presentation Tools for Spring 2015, January 2015
- Lunch@ZSR!, November 2014
Search the Directory
- Access Services
- Digital Scholarship
- Research & Instruction
- Resource Services
- Special Collections & Archives
— Return to the Library Directory