Hu Womack is an Instruction and Outreach Librarian in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. He graduated from Wake Forest University in 1990 with a BA in English and Studio Art. Hu received his MBA from the Babcock School at Wake Forest in 2000 and completed his MLIS degree from UNC-Greensboro in 2008. He currently serves as a member of Research, Instruction Services team, teaching for-credit courses in the library's information literacy program, and serving as the library liaison to the Sociology and Communication departments.
- Womack, Hubert, Webb, Meghan, & McCallum, Carolyn. (2018). Writers Camp @ ZSR: Camping, Writing, and Publishing in the Library!. North Carolina Libraries, 76(1), 11-17. #
- Womack, Hubert, Smith, Susan, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2015). Large-Scale, Live-Action Gaming Events in Academic Libraries: How and Why. C&RL News, 76(4), 210-214. #
- Johnston, Lucas, Collins, Bobbie, Boyle, Anne, & Womack, Hubert. (2012). Looking at Sustainability Through a Different LENS. Sustainability: The Journal of Record, 5(4), 244-247.
- Womack, Hubert. (2011). "Game 43: The Bibliography Tournament.". Let the games beginâ€¯: engaging students with field-tested interactive information literacy instruction. Neal-Schuman Publishers: New York.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Womack, Hubert. (2019). Review of "Successful campus outreach for academic libraries: building community through collaboration". Technical Services Quarterly, 36:4 (2019) 429-430, Taylor and Francis+NEJM, 36(4), 429-430.
- Womack, Hubert. (2019). Review of "Fake news and alternative facts: information literacy in a post-truth era". Technical Services Quarterly, 36(2), 231â€“232.
- Womack, Hubert. (2020, July). From Grumpy Cat to Baby Yoda: Using Memes in Teaching Mis/Disinformation. Triad Area Teaching Librarians Retreat (TATLR), Online. #
- Womack, Hubert, Brown, Stephanie, & Fountaine, Lara. (2019, December). Deep Dive Panel: News and Information Literacy. NCLINe-North Carolina Library Instruction Network, Raleigh NC. #
- Foster, Amanda, Denlinger, Kyle, Krstevska, Summer, & Womack, Hubert. (2019, October). Watch this Space: Emerging Trends in Credit Bearing Information Literacy Courses. North Carolina Library Association 63rd Biennial Conference, October 2019, Winston Salem.
- Denlinger, Kyle, Shields, Kathy, Webb, Meghan, & Womack, Hubert. (2019, October). #SquadGoals: Creating and Sustaining a Library Instruction Community. North Carolina Library Association 63rd Biennial Conference, October 2019, Winston Salem.
- Webb, Meghan, & Womack, Hubert. (2019, October). Know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em: Reinvigorating, reinventing (and occasionally relinquishing) library outreach programs. North Carolina Library Association 63rd Biennial Conference, October 2019, Winston Salem.
Note: Above is a selection of Hu’s professional activity.
- Hu at the First-Year Experience Conference 2020 in DC! (and a quick visit to Wake Washington!), March 2020
- Hu at NCLA 2019, November 2019
- Hu at ACRL 2019, April 2019
- ZSR at WISE 2019, March 2019
Here @ ZSR
- NEW Online Research Instruction Resources from ZSR!, July 2020
- ZSR Libraryâ€™s Mis/disinformation Online Workshop Series-Summer 2020, July 2020
- WFU Graduate Student Thesis Boot Camp-â€śShut Up and Writeâ€ť Sessions during Spring Break 2020, March 2020
- Writersâ€™ Camp 2020, February 2020
- WFU Graduate Student Thesis Boot Camp @ ZSR 2019, October 2019