Hu’s subject areas include: Social Sciences; Sociology; Women's, Gender, & Sexuality Studies; Communication; Environmental Studies & Sustainability; Film Studies
Book a Research Session
Hu Womack ( he | him ) is an Outreach and Instruction Librarian in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. He graduated from Wake Forest University in 1990 with a BA in English and Studio Art. Hu received his MBA from the Babcock School at Wake Forest in 2000 and completed his MLIS degree from UNC-Greensboro in 2008. He currently serves as a member of Research, Instruction Services team, teaching for-credit courses in the library’s information literacy program, and serving as the library liaison to the Sociology and Communication departments.
- Tedford, Rosalind, & Womack, Hubert. (2021). Memes are not Fact: Thinking Critically about Memes in a World of Misinformation. Teaching about Fake News: Lesson Plans for Different Disciplines and Audiences. Association of College and Research Libraries.: Chicago, IL.
- Womack, Hubert, Webb, Meghan, & McCallum, Carolyn. (2018). Writers Camp @ ZSR: Camping, Writing, and Publishing in the Library!. North Carolina Libraries, 76(1), 11-17. #
- Womack, Hubert, Smith, Susan, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2015). Large-Scale, Live-Action Gaming Events in Academic Libraries: How and Why. C&RL News, 76(4), 210-214. #
- Johnston, Lucas, Collins, Bobbie, Boyle, Anne, & Womack, Hubert. (2012). Looking at Sustainability Through a Different LENS. Sustainability: The Journal of Record, 5(4), 244-247.
- Womack, Hubert. (2011). "Game 43: The Bibliography Tournament.". Let the games begin : engaging students with field-tested interactive information literacy instruction. Neal-Schuman Publishers: New York.
- Womack, Hubert. (2019). Review of "Successful campus outreach for academic libraries: building community through collaboration". Technical Services Quarterly, 36:4 (2019) 429-430, Taylor and Francis+NEJM, 36(4), 429-430.
- Womack, Hubert. (2019). Review of "Fake news and alternative facts: information literacy in a post-truth era". Technical Services Quarterly, 36(2), 231–232.
- Webb, Meghan, & Womack, Hubert. (2021, October). Empowering Student Voices: Inside a Library Ambassadors Program. North Carolina Library Association 64th Biennial Conference, October 2021, Winston Salem.
- Womack, Hubert, Tedford, Rosalind, Kelley, Rebecca, Brown, Emily, Souza-Mort, Susan, Schiefer, Sandy, & O'Neill, Brittany. (2021, April). Breaking the mold: Taking Mis/Disinformation education on the road. ACRL 2021: Ascending into an Open Future, Virtual/Online.
- Womack, Hubert. (2020, July). From Grumpy Cat to Baby Yoda: Using Memes in Teaching Mis/Disinformation. Triad Area Teaching Librarians Retreat (TATLR), Online. #
- Womack, Hubert, Brown, Stephanie, & Fountaine, Lara. (2019, December). Deep Dive Panel: News and Information Literacy. NCLINe-North Carolina Library Instruction Network, Raleigh NC. #
- Foster, Amanda, Denlinger, Kyle, Krstevska, Summer, & Womack, Hubert. (2019, October). Watch this Space: Emerging Trends in Credit Bearing Information Literacy Courses. North Carolina Library Association 63rd Biennial Conference, October 2019, Winston Salem.
Here @ ZSR
- Halloween Game Night @ ZSR – 2022 Edition
- Graduate Student Research Retreat – Fall 2022
- “Not the Library You Remember” ZSR Tours for Homecoming 2022!
- Go Big! The ZSR Library Hosts Our Largest Game Night to Date!
- Study Sunday @ ZSR