Hu Womack is an Instruction and Outreach Librarian in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. He graduated from Wake Forest University in 1990 with a BA in English and Studio Art. Hu received his MBA from the Babcock School at Wake Forest in 2000 and completed his MLIS degree from UNC-Greensboro in 2008. He currently serves as a member of Research, Instruction Services team, teaching for-credit courses in the library's information literacy program, and serving as the library liaison to the Sociology and Communication departments.
- Womack, Hubert, Smith, Susan, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2015). Large-Scale, Live-Action Gaming Events in Academic Libraries: How and Why. C&RL News, 76(4), 210-214. #
- Johnston, Lucas, Collins, Bobbie, Boyle, Anne, & Womack, Hubert. (2012). Looking at Sustainability Through a Different LENS. Sustainability: The Journal of Record, 5(4), 244-247.
- Womack, Hubert. (2011). "Game 43: The Bibliography Tournament.". Let the games beginâ€¯: engaging students with field-tested interactive information literacy instruction. Neal-Schuman Publishers: New York.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Womack, Hubert. (2016). Review of "Meeting Community Needs: A Practical Guide for Librarians". Technical Services Quarterly, 33(4), 481-2.
- Womack, Hubert. (2016, August). Serving Diverse Populations: A Diversity, Inclusion, and Service Workshop Model for Library Student Assistant. National Diversity in Libraries Conference, Los Angeles CA.
- Womack, Hubert, Lentz, Barbara, Still, Erica, & Buchanan, Christy. (2016, February). WFU Faculty Fellows: Embedding Faculty Without Living in the Halls. First-Year Experience Conference 2016, Orlando FL.
- Buchanan, Christy, Womack, Hubert, & Still, Erica. (2016, February). The Uncommon Common Reading Project: Bringing Choice Around a Theme. First-Year Experience Conference 2016, Orlando FL.
- Womack, Hubert. (2015, October). Flipping LIB210: The Flipped Classroom Model in Action. NCLA 61st Biennial Conference, Greensboro, NC.
- Smith, Susan, Lock, Mary Beth, Webb, Meghan, & Womack, Hubert. (2015, October). A Library for the Whole Student: Creating a Multi-dimensional Culture of Health and Wellness at your Library. NCLA 61st Biennial Conference, Greensboro, NC.
Committees & Offices Held
- American Library Assocition Library Information Technology Association Top Tech Trends Committee, Member. (October 1, 2012 - July 2014).
- American Library Assocition Library Information Technology Association Planning Committee, Member. (July 1, 2010 - July 2012).
Note: Above is a selection of Hu’s professional activity.
- TALA Information Literacy, Instruction, & Assessment Meeting, August 2017
- NC-LITe Spring 2017 at ZSR!, May 2017
- The Innovative Library Classroom 2017, May 2017
- Miniature Golf at Elonâ€™s Belk Library!, April 2017
- NC-LITe Fall 2016, January 2017