Hu Womack is an Instruction and Outreach Librarian in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. He graduated from Wake Forest University in 1990 with a BA in English and Studio Art. Hu received his MBA from the Babcock School at Wake Forest in 2000 and completed his MLIS degree from UNC-Greensboro in 2008. He currently serves as a member of Research, Instruction Services team, teaching for-credit courses in the library's information literacy program, and serving as the library liaison to the Sociology and Communication departments.
- Womack, Hubert, Webb, Meghan, & McCallum, Carolyn. (2018). Writers Camp @ ZSR: Camping, Writing, and Publishing in the Library!. North Carolina Libraries, 76(1), 11-17. #
- Womack, Hubert, Smith, Susan, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2015). Large-Scale, Live-Action Gaming Events in Academic Libraries: How and Why. C&RL News, 76(4), 210-214. #
- Johnston, Lucas, Collins, Bobbie, Boyle, Anne, & Womack, Hubert. (2012). Looking at Sustainability Through a Different LENS. Sustainability: The Journal of Record, 5(4), 244-247.
- Womack, Hubert. (2011). "Game 43: The Bibliography Tournament.". Let the games beginâ€¯: engaging students with field-tested interactive information literacy instruction. Neal-Schuman Publishers: New York.
- Jeong, Sarah, & Womack, Hubert. (2011). Connecting@ZSR: Meeting the Research Needs of International Graduate Students. International Students and Academic Libraries: Initiatives for Succes. Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Womack, Hubert. (2016). Review of "Meeting Community Needs: A Practical Guide for Librarians". Technical Services Quarterly, 33(4), 481-2.
- Womack, Hubert. (2018, October). Writers' Camp @ ZSR: Encouraging the Entrepreneurial Spirit in Young Writers. The Conference of Entrepreneurial Librarians, WInston Salem NC. #
- Womack, Hubert, Webb, Meghan, & Foster, Amanda. (2017, October). Writers in the Library. NCLA 62nd Biennial Conference, Winston Salem, NC. #
- Womack, Hubert, & Siler, Vicki. (2017, October). Lightning Talk: Teaching a Tool for Organizing and Citing Sources: Models from Two Schools. NCLA 62nd Biennial Conference, Winston Salem, NC. #
- Webb, Meghan, & Womack, Hubert. (2017, October). Lightning Talk: Free Range Librarians: Bringing the Library to Unexpected Places. NCLA 62nd Biennial Conference, Winston Salem, NC. #
- Womack, Hubert, Jeong, Sarah, & McMahan, Kaeley. (2017, October). Embedding Outside the Classroom: Three Academic Librarians in the Departments and Residence Halls. NCLA 62nd Biennial Conference, Winston Salem, NC. #
Committees & Offices Held
- American Library Assocition Library Information Technology Association Top Tech Trends Committee, Member. (October 1, 2012 - July 1, 2014).
- American Library Assocition Library Information Technology Association Planning Committee, Member. (July 1, 2010 - July 1, 2012).
Note: Above is a selection of Hu’s professional activity.
- Hu at EntreLib 2018, October 2018
- NC LIVE 2018 Annual Conference (Carol and Hu), May 2018
- Hu at FYE 2018, February 2018
- Hu at NCLA 2017, October 2017
- ZSR en la Noche 2017, October 2017
Here @ ZSR
- OUTBREAK at ZSR â€“ Spring 2019, January 2019
- The ZSR Ambassadors at Project Pumpkin 2018, October 2018
- WFU Graduate Student Thesis Boot Camp @ ZSR 2018, October 2018
- ZSR Open and OUTBREAK! (mini-golf and zombies in the ZSR Library!), September 2018
- Outbreak! Take Two, August 2018