Rosalind’s subject areas include: History; Humanities; American History; English Literature; Modern Languages & Literature; Political Science; Psychology; World History; Law; Medieval Studies
Book a Research Session
Rosalind has her BA (Psychology/English) and her MA (English) from Wake Forest University and her MLIS from UNC-Greensboro. She has been a full-time staff member at the Z. Smith Reynolds Library since 1994 and currently serves as the Director for Research and Instruction Services. In addition to managing the research and instruction programs at Wake Forest she teaches for-credit information literacy courses and is the liaison to the Politics and international Affairs department.
- Tedford, Rosalind, & Womack, Hubert. (2021). Memes are not Fact: Thinking Critically about Memes in a World of Misinformation. Teaching about Fake News: Lesson Plans for Different Disciplines and Audiences. Association of College and Research Libraries.: Chicago, IL.
- Tedford, Rosalind. (2017). Expert, Guide, Cheerleader, Coach, Fake News Combatant: The Many Hats of Academic Research Librarians in Supporting Students. Against the Grain, 29(5), 14-15. #
- Tedford, Rosalind. (2016). Marketing and Promotion of Reference Services in Linda Smith and Melissa Wong, eds. Reference and Information Services 5th Edition. Libraries Unlimited, 2016. Reference and Information Services 5th Edition. Libraries Unlimited, (5th), 281-305.
- Tedford, Rosalind. (2015). Never Waste a Good Crisis, Leadership is not Supervision and More Lessons from the Career of a Reluctant Leader. Crucible Moments: Inspiring Library Leadership. Mission Bell Media: Santa Barbara, CA.
- Tedford, Rosalind, Corbett, Lauren, & Lock, Mary Beth. (2013). "How Transformational Leadership Translates into Recognized Excellence in Academic Libraries". Workplace Culture in Academic Libraries. Chandos Publishing, an imprint of Woodhead Publishing: Cambridge. #
- Tedford, Rosalind. (2019). Review of "Fake News, Propaganda, and Plain Old Lies". Technical Services Quarterly, 36(4), 427-428.
- Womack, Hubert, Tedford, Rosalind, Kelley, Rebecca, Brown, Emily, Souza-Mort, Susan, Schiefer, Sandy, & O'Neill, Brittany. (2021, April). Breaking the mold: Taking Mis/Disinformation education on the road. ACRL 2021: Ascending into an Open Future, Virtual/Online.
- Tedford, Rosalind. (2020, May). A New Approach to Info Lit (Episodes 122, 124, 126 and 128). Authority File Podcast, Online. #
- Tedford, Rosalind. (2019, November). From fakes to facts: How librarians can foster critical thinking among all students. Charleston Conference 2019, Charleston, SC.
- Tedford, Rosalind. (2018, November). Thriving (or just surviving) as a liaison librarian: a lively discussion of our evolving roles, opportunities, and challenges. Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
- Tedford, Rosalind. (2017, November). Keeping Pace with Research Patrons' Practices: A Discussion on Faculty and Student Needs in 2017. Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC. #
Committees & Offices Held
- ACRL Politics, Policy, and International Relations, Past Chair. (July 1, 2014 - Present).
- Praeger Library Advisory Board for US Politics and Government, Member. (May 2014 - Present).
- SAGE/CQ Press Academic Library Advisory Board, Member. (January 2012 - Present).
- ABC-CLIO Library Advisory Board for American Government and Political Science, Member. (January 2011 - Present).
Here @ ZSR
- Questions about Ukraine? ZSR Can Help!
- ZSR Hours and Spaces for Fall Semester
- Call for Applications: Faculty Workshop on Integrating Information Literacy Skills in Introductory Courses
- ZSR Spring Update #1: Access to Physical Materials
- News You Can Trust: ZSR Resources for Getting News Straight to Your Inbox