Join us April 21st for the 6th Annual Senior Showcase!
The Z. Smith Reynolds Library Senior Showcase recognizes exemplary senior thesis research and senior projects completed by Wake Forest undergraduates in their final year. Launched in 2010, the Senior Showcase gives students the opportunity to share their research or projects before the Wake Forest community.
Highlights from the Senior Showcase
- 6th Annual Senior Showcase coming on April 21 — Wednesday, Apr 8, 2015 4:06 pm
- Senior Showcase 2014 — Monday, May 5, 2014 9:04 am
- Highlights from the Fourth Annual Senior Showcase — Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:34 am
- Senior Showcase Returns — Monday, May 14, 2012 8:17 am
- Senior Showcase 2012 — Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:07 pm
Nomination and Selection Process
A committee of library faculty will select up to five students, one from each Division of the College, to be honored from a pool of nominees recommended by you. We ask that you please nominate students for this honor using the following criteria:
- theses or projects completed during the 2014-2015 academic year, and
- students are in their final year at Wake Forest.
A committee of library faculty will evaluate submissions using the following criteria:
- Clear statement of purpose
- Evidence of thorough research
- Credible sources
- Development of the idea
- Well organized
- Well written
- Sound reasoning
- Importance to the field
- Strength of the faculty advisor’s recommendation, summarizing the above Impact areas
Nominations should be made with respect to the originality of the work, the potential impact of the work upon the field, and the overall worthiness of the work to merit distinction. Please note that nominations must be made for honors theses or projects, or for work done during a required senior seminar, and not for papers or projects completed by seniors during general coursework. After all nominations have been received, we will contact students to alert them of their nomination and to request a copy of the thesis or project for review. Theses or projects that are in progress may be nominated, in addition to those that are complete.
About the Showcase
Learn more about the Senior Showcase and the exemplary student research from 2013.
Photos from the Showcase