Travel Options to Winston-Salem
- The Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO) in Greensboro is the closest airport to campus – about a 30-minute drive.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is about a 90-minute drive to campus.
- Raleigh-Durham Airport (RDU) is about a 2-hour drive to campus.
Buses & Trains
Shuttles & Taxis
- Current information about airport shuttles to and from the Wake Forest campus is available. One way service to or from Greensboro costs about $55; one-way service to Charlotte is about $150.
- Taxi service to WFU is available at the Greensboro airport.
- Depending on your time of arrival/departure, you may be able to take the Piedmont Area Regional Transport (PART) shuttle from Greensboro airport to the downtown Winston-Salem transport center.
- Wake Forest University operates a shuttle service to select areas during the regular academic year (not during summer sessions).
Housing Options for Visiting Researchers
There are a variety of hotel accommodations in Winston-Salem, a few of which are within walking distance of the Wake Forest campus. A list of recommended hotels is available.
On-campus guest apartments can also be a cost-effective and convenient option for visiting researchers. Availability is limited, so it is best to apply as far in advance as possible. Reservation requests must be made through the sponsoring university department.
Please note that Winston-Salem public transportation options are somewhat limited, so if you will not have a car at your disposal during your visit we highly recommend that you stay at an on-campus guest apartment or at a hotel within walking distance.